Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Need to get dates only on blog page posts

Old Mar 29, 2010, 04:40 PM
Andante

30 posts · Feb 2009
I remember wrestling with this in the past and not finding a solution. Now that the site is up and running, and client finally released, I need to solve it quickly. I keep researching and getting more confused.

My site has only has 1 'blog' type page called News, the others are static pages. On the "News" page:
http://friendstpl.org/news
I am not getting a date, nor anything about comments. (Client wants no comments.)

This is what I have in the ATO Post/Page Info Items section, in the footer sections for both multi and single posts:
<center> %date('F jS, Y')% </center>
But I can never get the date.

Does it have something to do with me (a year ago!) putting something else in my theme or theme code that turns off any footers?

Any help would be most appreciated. How do you get dates on posts only on one blog page, but no comments, nor any "comments closed" statements?

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 07:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Not sure but I would first try removing the <center></center> items. As for the comments if you go to ATO>Style & Configure COMMENTS you can just remove the "Comments are closed" text.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:45 PM
Andante

30 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks so much for trying to help; but I just took out the center commands, and I still have no dates. If I ever need to get rid of the "Comments Closed" that will be good to know, but I don't have that either. (One possible hint: when I previewed the post in WordPress, I saw the date, and "Comments Closed". But when I publish the post and go to that page, I don't have either.)

I keep thinking it may have something to do with the fact that when I first started building this site a year ago I was a newbie, trying to build a mostly static site. Maybe I put some code somewhere that turned off all dates on everything.

If anyone else has an idea of what it could be the problem, I would much appreciate it. The problem again in a nutshell is: I have one blog type page on a static site, but I can't get dates to appear beneath the one post I have there so far.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well if you put in something to remove the footers, how can you expect them to show up?
And if you changed the code, someone is going to have to dig in and find that change and evaluate it
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:13 PM
Andante

30 posts · Feb 2009
I am not sure I did put anything in to remove the footers; but if I did I have no memory what I did as it was a year ago. Project was put on hold for a long time for other reasons.

Today I put the date code in the byline boxes for multi and single page posts. (Also left it in the footer boxes.) Example:
%date('F j, Y')%

I thought if footers got turned off somehow, that maybe the byline would work, but no dice.

Again, when previewing the post in WP, the date and "Comments Closed" shows up; but on the site they are not there:

Can anyone point me in the direction of something to check in the Atahualpa screens or code? How do I go about having someone check the code?

Here is what I found in the Appearance - Editor - Edit Themes - Stylesheet code I found this (does the block mean anything?)

/*-------------------- POST FOOTER ------------------------*/

div.post-footer {
clear:both;
display: block;
/* more ... */
}

div.post-footer a:link,
div.post-footer a:visited,
div.post-footer a:active {
/* more ... */
}

div.post-footer a:hover {
/* more ... */
}

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm using current WP and Atahualpa 3.2.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well first thing I would do is upgrade Atahualpa, it is currently at 3.4.6 so you are way behind. Get it up to the current release and see what happens. Here is what I just told someone else

Step 0 - backup your database!!!

All your OPTIONS are saved in the DB - anything you set via the Atahualpa Theme Option.

Any change you make to a piece of code (like js.php, bfa_header_config.php) or any images you have uploaded to any of the theme folders may be overridden if you use the wordpress atuomatic update or manually ftp fhe files TO THE SAME FOLDER

This is why I manually install the theme. I create a folder with the version number (atahualpa333, atahualpa341, atahualpa346 etc) and upload the theme into it. This way, when I go to the theme picker I will have multiple versions to choose from. Then I can switch back and forth till I'm satisfied, then I delete the old folder.

NOTE: If you do it this way, and have used a URL in the options, you will probably have to change the url to the new name of the atahualpa folder. For example:

'background url("http://mydomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/theme/atahualpa333/image/header/image1.jpg")'

would have to be changed to

'background url("http://mydomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/theme/atahualpa346/image/header/image1.jpg")'

As always, before doing an update, make sure you back things up so you can roll back to where youwere before the update in case something goes wrong.

And only update one thing at a time! (don't update wordpress, the theme, php and add 10 new plugins at the same time unless you LIKE pain)
Old Mar 31, 2010, 09:12 PM
Andante

30 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks Juggledad for including the steps to the upgrade. I was fearful of doing it, because the last update I did a while back was a painful affair. And right now when the site was finally getting approved by others for release I couldn't take a chance it would crash. I'm also awash in multiple other crises at the moment.

Your upgrade tips will spare me from looking up tons of messages and wondering which advice to follow! But it will be a few weeks before I can try it.

Thanks again, and I will be doing the Paypal donation thing next week.