Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Encouraging more comments, conflict between two great solutions.

Old Apr 2, 2010, 01:24 AM
KimMaxwell

3 posts · Jan 2010
Solna Sweden
I have been attempting to redesign the appearance of the “Leave a Comment” function in order to make how to leave a comment easier and more obvious. I was able to make it so that there was an open comment box after every post even on the main page. This worked pretty well.

But then I also found a plugin called CommentLuv which brought me much needed traffic from other bloggers. (This plugin posts a link to my RSS feed on other blogger’s sites when I comment on their blogs, this is VERY effective.) However, I noticed that the CommentLuv link will only show up in the comment box on my single post pages and not in the open comment boxes on my main page. So my CommentLuv traffic comes to my blog but then does not see the opportunity to place their link on site and moves on.

I would really like to have my cake and eat it too, an open comment box after every post even on my main page AND a CommentLuv badge and link in it too. Does anyone out there know how I can install this plugin so that it will show even with my modification of having open comment boxes on my main page too? Sorry I am just too new to all this to know how to accomplish this properly (read: without being afraid that pushing the enter button will erase all evidence of my blog from the face of the planet)
Thanks,
Kim Maxwell
http://simplymotivated.com/
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:23 PM
edanto

5 posts · Dec 2009
Fraid I have no idea how to help solve your problem, just wanted to thank you for letting me know about the CommentLuv plugin which may be useful in the future!