Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Link to comment on a comment

Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:31 AM
guileshill

2 posts · Jun 2010
I am making a private blog for my wife and can't find out how, on single post pages where the comments appear, to give readers the choice between commenting on the blog article or on the comment. I have threaded comments enabled in WP, but there is no apparent way to add a 'reply to this comment' function so that nested comments are actually related on the page.

Sorry, can't put link and login details up here but happy to do so in an email so that we can get this sorted. (The blog is visible only to registered users and public registrations are closed).
Old Jun 28, 2010, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you look at a comment, you should see teh author, then the next line starts with the date followed by 'Reply'. Use this to reply to a comment
Old Jun 28, 2010, 05:46 AM
guileshill

2 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks for this. I did try a plugin but, as you say, this is unnecessary. I'll just have to explain this to users that the link is specific to the post/comment and to click the link to the entry if that's what they are commenting on.

The options in this theme are very well set out, but one thing I would really like to do is to get the WP preference for showing the author's nickname to appear in the comment header. This can easily be set in the post author, but apparently not in the comment author. No matter what I do it still shows up as the username. Is there a way of adding this option, perhaps in the additional code areas?