Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Keep 'Leave a comment link'

Old Aug 9, 2009, 03:06 PM
barbfmc

20 posts · Jul 2009
I would like to include the link 'Leave a comment' right next to the total number of comments link in the footer. I am finding people don't intuitively know to click the number of comments link to be able to leave a comment.

The template for Atahualpa right now drops 'leave a comment' when there x comments.

Can someone advise re: this?

Thx.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 03:50 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See Post/Page Info Items -> Footer: Homepage (and the other text areas on that page) and change

%date('F jS, Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ')% Category: %categories-linked(', ')% | %comments('Leave a comment', 'One comment', '% comments', 'Comments are closed')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')%

to, for instance:

%date('F jS, Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ')% Category: %categories-linked(', ')% | %comments('Leave a comment', 'Leave a comment (1)', 'Leave a comment (%)', 'Comments are closed')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')%
Old Aug 9, 2009, 03:56 PM
barbfmc

20 posts · Jul 2009
Thank-you, Flynn - That did it.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:48 PM
SlowG

2 posts · Jan 2011
Forgive me for bumping an old thread but,when trying to apply this same code to my site it also worked great, just saying thanks lol.