Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Changing the comment links to send to the comment form

Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:07 AM
johnd28

29 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

I have this problem: I want the Leave a Comment link at the bottom of a post to send people to the comment form whether there are already comments or not.

I updated the single post info items to this line:
%comments('Leave a comment', 'One comment - please leave yours', '% comments - please leave yours', 'Comments are closed')%

If there are comments on the page, it doesn't send the visitor to the comment form but to the latest comment. How can I change that?

Thanks.

John
Old Jun 10, 2010, 02:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 02:43 PM
johnd28

29 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

I'm using WP 2.9.2 and atahualpa 3.4.2

Here is a post with lots of comments: http://www.worldofdiets.com/fat-burning-furnace-review/

By the way, is there a main benefit to upgrading to 3.5.1?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 03:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
lots of fixes, options stored as one row in database, less db calls

if you read the section on comments at ATO->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS it tells you haw to set up the link to the comment form anchor. With that in mind I found a bug where that code sends you off the page (at least it does in 3.5.1) and I am looking into it.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 02:22 AM
johnd28

29 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

I'm afraid the instructions don't work.

I added this line as instructed: <a href="#commentform">Skip to comments form</a>

What the link translates to on single post page is to this:

http://Mysite.com/page-url/\commentsform

It leads to a Nothing Found Page
Old Jun 15, 2010, 02:33 AM
johnd28

29 posts · Sep 2009
OK,

Found another post: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5199

This works. Thank you very much