Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Too much red background at top - how to move main body w/white background hi

Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:43 PM
Andante

30 posts · Feb 2009
I designed my first site with Wordpress, using Atahualpa, about 5 months ago, and then forgot how I set up the background.

At the top of the pages, I just want less of the red background to bring the header up a little higher, basically moving the main body that has a white backgroud up higher.

Is this set in this Body, Text and Links section shown below - in the "Body Style" box? I played with the padding-top section, but nothing changed. Is it the fixed settings? I can't remember how I came up with these settings, nor how to change them, and have found no posts that address it.

font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 1em;
color: #000000;
background: url(http://xxxxxxx.org/wp-content/upl...radient2.png); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-attachment: fixed;bottom bottom left; background-attachment: fixed;
padding-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 20px;

Thanks for your assistance!

(Using Atahualpa 3.2 and Wordpress 2.8.6)
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
your problem isn't with padding or margins, but your image size. You have defined the header image are to be 290px in height, but your image is only 234px so you have 56px of nothing that you can't adjust.

Change ATO->Header Image->Header Image: Height to 234 and then you will be able to adjust the top padding to your preferred setting.

Also, recheck your rule for background at ATO->Body, Text & Links->Body Style
you have
HTML Code:
background: url(http://xxxxxxxx.org/wp-content/uploads/red_gradient2.png); 
background-repeat: repeat-x; 
background-attachment: fixed; bottom bottom left; 
background-attachment: fixed;
padding-top: 10px; 
padding-bottom: 20px;
do you really want to have 'background-attachment:' twice and what's with the 'bottom bottom left; '?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 04:25 AM
Andante

30 posts · Feb 2009
Ah, that explains it! I had gone in recently after not working on the project for months and uploaded a downsized image; but didn't remember I had to change a spec in the ATO screens as well.

As to the 'bottom bottom fixed', I thought that was strange - but back when I created this gradient background thing, I was a complete noob. Got rid of that and its fine.

Thanks for your help, and I will make a Paypal donation right away!