Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Restrict front page to showing sticky posts only

Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:30 AM
DougBarned

3 posts · Aug 2009
Hi all

I've been having fun fiddling around with the theme (great work developers - really appreciated!) but would like to be able to make it so that only sticky posts show on the front page. Can anyone help with this? I can't seem to find out how.

Thanks very much.

/Doug
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:56 AM
AnneTanne

40 posts · Jan 2009
Belgium
I should probably do that with a silly work-around ('cause I'm not good at coding):
Since the sticky posts are the first posts to appear, and you know how much sticky posts you have, you could configure WordPress (not Atahualpa) to show no more than the number of sticky posts on one page.

So, when you have 5 sticky posts, on the dash-board you should go to Settings -> Reading, and set 'Blog pages show at most 5 posts'.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:19 PM
DougBarned

3 posts · Aug 2009
Thanks Anne

However, I've tried this and setting it to show 1 post shows 1 post and my sticky post. It also restricts every category page and the search results to showing just 1 post.

I was hoping for a solution which works along the lines of "if front page, show 1 post" or "show only sticky post".

So I've got
Code:
<?php if ( is_front_page() ) { ?>
<?php } ?>
but am at a loss as to what to put in to get my desired effect.

I appreciate any help anyone could offer

In the meantime, I'll see what I can figure out

/Doug
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:12 AM
shiny

1 posts · Nov 2009
Pacfic Northwest
Doug (et al)

Did you ever get this figured out?

I want to do the same thing for a site that needs to keep it's "hot news" and "next meeting" announcements on the front page. The rest of the day-to-day "follow the legislation" posts can go on another page.

TIA

-shiny-
Old Nov 13, 2009, 01:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
shiny, there is a post 'How to: Create a announcement box at the top of the center column of the landing page' but it is in the gold forum.

What s allows you to do is set a post to the category of ANNOUNCEMENT and it will display it in a box on the front page (blog page or static) in what ever color you pick