Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa test sandbox

Old Nov 14, 2009, 11:26 AM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
I'm setting up a sandbox account to test various plugins, Wordpress updates, etc. with Atahualpa before making changes in live sites.

Question: if I install multiple copies of Atahualpa, each named something like Atahualpa344A, Atahualpa344B, etc. (each in separate folders and renamed in styles.css), and play with all the wonderful options that Atahuapa provides, will each version store those options separately in the database, or would the option settings be shared?

I'm starting with trying a bunch of gallery plugins in combination with other commonly used plugins, since that seems to cause more than its fair share of grief... I'll post results here.

If anyone has a particularly nasty combination of plugins and techniques to try, either reply here or email me directly.

Jack
Old Nov 14, 2009, 02:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa store the options in the database in the wp_options table. All the rows are prefixed with 'bfa_ata_' so unless you change the code in each folder, I think they will write on top of each other
Old Nov 14, 2009, 02:09 PM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
So I just discovered by experimentation... Rather than mess with any Atahualpa php and DB access, I'll just load separate installations of Wordpress -- luckily, I have spare databases I can use for them.

Thanks,
Jack