Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Strange problem with Search widget and international characters

Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:28 AM
Jerry_Q4d

22 posts · Apr 2014
Hi people! I have encountered a strange issue with the Wordpress search widget. I have noticed that the first - but only the first - search you do with it using international characters - German umlauts in my case - fails because of an encoding problem.

For example, if you search for "Gre" with an in it, no search results are found because the search resolves in the address bar of the browser to:

/?s=Grö%C2%9Fe&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

If you then enter it again it resolves to

/?s=Gre&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

and the search works.

If you revisit later - presumably when your browser cache is cleared - the problem occurs again. Any ideas what this could be? It does not occur if I switch to the Wordpress twenty fourteen theme.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 02:57 AM
juggledad

23,520 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what happens if you temporally disable ALL plugins?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 05:14 AM
Jerry_Q4d

22 posts · Apr 2014
Well.. what happens after I finally do my homework :-) You are right of course. It turns out that the culprit is the LaterPay Plugin: https://srd.wordpress.org/plugins/laterpay/
With it the first attempt goes wrong, the second one works. I have notified the programmer, I guess it is something on his end to fix.
Happens with Atahualpa and WP standard themes.