Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Use No Stored Cookies

Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:17 AM
Just Girls

6 posts · Sep 2014
We have a "Members Only" section that requires a password to enter. This function currently requires the users browser to accept stored cookies. We can not allow stored cookies to be saved on the computers our members use. Session cookies would be fine but not stored cookies. I have not found anything that allows us to change the type of cookies used. Does anyone know where/how this function is set and how to change it to not require stored cookies? Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 01:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The theme does not store cookies (to my knowledge) This would be a function of Wordpress.

you can do a simple test by temporally swapping to another theme and see if you have the same issue. If you do, it is not theme related.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 05:59 PM
Just Girls

6 posts · Sep 2014
Thanks. I had already posted it to the Wordpress forum and no one replied so I thought maybe this forum could help. I don't know where else to look for a solution. Thanks so much for your help.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 06:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You might try looking for a plugin.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 05:43 PM
Just Girls

6 posts · Sep 2014
Yeah. All the plugins I found seem to address adding more stuff to the stored cookies or how to use stored cookies only. We have the opposite issue. I'm still looking. I'm surprised how difficult it is to find any info on this kind of thing at all anywhere. Thanks so much for your help. If you happen across a solution, please let me know. Thanks again.