Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Footer different on one page only.

Old Sep 11, 2014, 02:32 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Hi - I'm working on www.jamsponge.co.uk (apologies if you are of a nervous disposition, it's about menstrual sponges).

On the footer I have a custom menu and on one page it is different to the others http://www.jamsponge.co.uk/shop/ has blue and black menu items and the others have the correct black and white in bold.

Any ideas appreciated.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 04:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You have an extra
HTML Code:
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
in your page which is messing up what comes in the footer
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:31 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks Juggledad but I just don't see it - the client is changing the page which doesn't help because I can't see what I have done and what she has done.
I've searched for the extra code on the shop page and the footer and I can't see it at all.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 03:57 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Now I see the correct footer but on some pages and not on others?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 04:47 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Aha, for once it wasn't me! the client put statcounter html on the pages and that is the culprit, thanks for making me look at the code though, that helped me work it out.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 04:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Edit a page that is showing the issue and swap to the text editor.
Copy everything and paste it into a text file.
Start deleting a couple lines from the bottom of the file. Make sure to delete entire HTML elements I.e.
HTML Code:
<p>blah blah blah</p>
Save the page and go view the page and repeat till you find the offending code.

It really helps, in a case like this, to know your HTML.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 07:18 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Thank you - I thought I was going mad because the client didn't tell me she had put the statcounter code on, it seemed to be messing up for no good reason. I checked it over and it looked ok (I was just matching up open and close tags) - I just took the whole thing off, I don't think she needs it anyway because the jetpack stats are pretty good.