Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Add sidebar to new pages created by Woo Commerce?

Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:20 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Hiya
I'm working on www.mamablessings.co.uk
I have a right sidebar set up with widgets to show shopping cart and product categories but it isn't showing up on the pages that Woo Commerce added, so I can't see it on any of the product pages, or the cart or any of that.

Is there a way to tell the sidebar to appear on all the new pages as well?

Love love love this theme, the more I use it the more I love it!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Search the forum.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:36 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
:-) I did try that before I posted, I'll try again/
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:58 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Really I can't find anything that helps here.
There is a theme integration guide at Woo Commerce http://docs.woothemes.com/document/t...compatibility/
and it says to copy the page.php (in another thread you say to copy index.php instead of page http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...light=page.php)

I can do that, but then the instructions say to find the loop, and I don't know what I am doing.
I can find 2 incidents of <?php if

the first at line 28

<div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class(); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } else { ?>

and the second at line 51

<?php if ($bfa_ata['widget_center_bottom'] <> '') {
echo bfa_parse_widget_areas($bfa_ata['widget_center_bottom']);
} ?>

but neither of those look like <?php if ( have_posts() ) :

This is what Woo tell me to do:
Using woocommerce_content()

This solution allows you to create a new template page within your theme which will be used for all WooCommerce taxonomy and post type displays. While an easy catch-all solution, it does have a draw back in that this template will be used for all WC taxonomies (product categories etc) and post types (product archives, single product pages). Developers are encouraged to use the hooks instead.
To set up this template page perform the following steps:
Duplicate page.php

Duplicate your theme’s page.php file, and name it woocommerce.php. This file should be found like this: wp-content/themes/YOURTHEME/woocommerce.php.
Edit your page (woocommerce.php)

Open up your newly created woocommerce.php in a text editor (or the editor of your choice).
Replace the loop

Next you need to find the loop (see The_Loop). The loop usually starts with a:

<?php if ( have_posts() ) :

and usually ends with:

<?php endif; ?>

This varies between themes. Once you have found it, delete it. In its place put:

<?php woocommerce_content(); ?>

This will make it use WooCommerce’s loop instead. Save the file. You’re done.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you try the suggestions in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=18647
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:18 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Whooop! Brilliant, thank you, I wouldn't have thought to look at that thread because it seemed to be a about a different problem than mine.
You are a total superstar, have a fantastic day!