Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Configuring Excerpt or Full Post for Custom Taxonomy pages?

Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:33 PM
vinny@usestrict.net

2 posts · Aug 2011
Hi,

I have a custom post type "Products" and a custom taxonomy "Product Categories" and would like to display the full posts when showing a Product Category page. I looked under ATO -> Configure EXCERPTS and there's no option for Custom Taxonomies (Full Posts or Excerpts).

Am I looking at the wrong place? If not, do you plan on providing this setting soon? How can I force my Custom Taxonomy to show full posts instead of excerpts (current behavior)?

I'm using: Atahualpa 3.7.9, Wordpress 3.4.2

Thanks,
Vinny
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you try playing with all the settings? Narrow it down a bit?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:24 PM
vinny@usestrict.net

2 posts · Aug 2011
I switched every option to Full Post, and in the end, the only way I got it to show having full posts was by changing the code in functions/bfa_post_parts.php as follows:

120 function bfa_post_bodycopy($before = '<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">', $after = '</div>')
121 {
122 global $bfa_ata, $post, $bfa_pagetemplate_name, $bfa_pagetemplate_full_post_count, $bfa_ata_postcount;
124 $do_full_post = 0;
125 echo $before;
126 if ((is_home() AND $bfa_ata['excerpts_home'] == "Full Posts")
127 OR (is_home() AND !is_paged() AND $bfa_ata_postcount <= $bfa_ata['full_posts_homepage'])
128 OR (is_category() AND $bfa_ata['excerpts_category'] == "Full Posts")
129 OR (is_date() AND $bfa_ata['excerpts_archive'] == "Full Posts")
130 OR (is_tag() AND $bfa_ata['excerpts_tag'] == "Full Posts")
131 OR (is_search() AND $bfa_ata['excerpts_search'] == "Full Posts")
132 OR (is_author() AND $bfa_ata['excerpts_author'] == "Full Posts")
133 OR is_single()
134 OR is_page()
135 OR is_tax('product-category') // force full posts when product-category is being viewed
136 ) { $do_full_post = 1; }
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I was doing my periodic search of plugins and found this one that MAY be helpful in your situation.