Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Full Post instead of Excerpt after posting a comment?

Old Jul 10, 2009, 02:26 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
When I post a comment on my blog, it takes me to a page where it shows all the comments and only an excerpt of the post. Is there an option to show the full post here? I am not exactly sure what kind of page this is, I don't believe it's a category, archive, tag, or search page (which I know can be edited in ATO). Or is it one of those?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 03:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
which version of Atahualpa
What are the settings on the 'Posts or Excerpts' page?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:14 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Using 3.2 but plan to upgrade as soon as 3.4.1 is released. Everything is set to show excerpts except on the homepage.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:30 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Pages showing the comments are single post pages (or static pages if comments are enabled for those). Single post pages should always show the full post. Could this be caused by a plugin? Post a URL if you cannot track it down
Old Jul 11, 2009, 03:19 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Jeez I don't know what is going on now...I can't even get the window to open to post comments. I get what you mean about comment and post pages being the same thing.

You can look at this link for an example: http://www.sixprizes.com/blog/2009/0...vals/#comments

I clicked to comment from the homepage and the full post shows up but the comment box doesn't open. There is also pagination below recent posts and I am also noticing that the tags are missing (I think that might be key).

I am in the process of deactivating plugins both nothing seems to be helping. I upgraded to WP 2.8.1 yesterday and am afraid that might have affected something.

Also, I tried switching themes and the problem is still there, no comments or comment box and tags missing on single post pages.

EDIT: FOUND THE CULPRIT! YARPP (Yet another related posts plugin) was messing something up. I deactivated it and everything was cool. I really liked that plugin too.

However, it still shows only the excerpt directly after I posted a comment. It loads a page like this:
http://www.sixprizes.com/blog/2009/0...-1/#comment-20

I guess I'll try deactivating more plugins and see if I can solve this.

EDIT AGAIN: "SEO for paged comments" was the problem. Full post now loads.

Last edited by adum; Jul 11, 2009 at 04:26 PM.