Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] I cannot login to my wp-admin

Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:24 PM
Siya

32 posts · Oct 2011
Hi, I have a problem. I was trying to secure my wesite with this other wordpress plugin (wp security). The next thing I knew, I could not login to my website's admin page (before i did anything with the plugin i saw a line that says "administrator removed"). when i try to connect using firefox i get this error massage "Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to sacellularnet.co.za.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site." But i did make a database back up of the site before i made these changes, but now i cant seem to be able to restore it and i have tried a couple of times already. Please I need help resolving this because I am planning to launch my site tomorrow and this is wasting the time that i dont have.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
first thing I would do is use an FTP program to go in and remove teh plugin - tehn see if you can get in.

what is the exact plugin you were using?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:18 PM
Siya

32 posts · Oct 2011
I did axactly that Jungle D, i used firezilla to delete it but ddnt help. The plugin is "secure WP - by website defender"...the plugin i used to backup the data base is "WP-DB backup"...
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:22 AM
Siya

32 posts · Oct 2011
Hi, Juggle D. The problem is now solved ....it turned out that the plugin was forcing an SSL connection but i dont have an SSL certificate installed in my hosting account. This caused the error.