Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

wp-admin screen blank after login

Old Dec 9, 2009, 08:00 AM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
I know there is another thread with a similar problem, but I think that they are different based on what worked for them and not for me, so I've started a new thread. I'm using wp 2.86 and ata 3.4.4. When I login it takes me to a blank wp-admin page. I can get past it by going to /wp-admin/post.php or edit.php or pretty much any other admin page from the white page, but naturally I'd like to get it sorted in case its a symptom of another problem, and also to make usage easier for other users. It's not a browser issue, i'm pretty sure, since I've tried a couple and it does the same thing, and i've got plenty of php memory (64). Here's the site. Any advice?

Many thanks
JC
Old Dec 9, 2009, 09:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you can get into the back end, check the settings at dashboard->settings->general and look at the 'WordPress address (URL)' and the 'Blog address (URL)' options - make sure they are correct

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 9, 2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:20 AM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
should they be anything other than http://threeguysonebook.com ?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
does you dns point to the folder wordpress is installed in? if so, then yes they should be the same
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:52 AM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
yes, so that's not the issue.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well since using .../wp-admin/index.php brings you right to the logon but using ../wp-admin hangs, I'd suspect that this has something to do with htaccess
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:14 PM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
ok. I haven't edited it for any reason. Any thoughts?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
to see if wp-admin/index.php is actually running, edit it and on line 2 put in
HTML Code:
echo '<strong>debug: in index.php.</strong>';
and see what shows up. this will tell you if this module runs.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 01:13 PM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
I've put that in...how do I know if the module is running? Everything is the same, as far as I can tell.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 01:15 PM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
I have this message:

debug: in index.php.
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/jasonch2/public_html/threeguysonebook.com/wp-admin/index.php:2) in /home/jasonch2/public_html/threeguysonebook.com/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-automatic-upgrade/wordpress-automatic-upgrade.php on line 121
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmm teh header already sent message usually means there are some non blank characters in one of our modules at the end.

If this was me, I would down load a new copy of Wordpress to my computer, and delete teh wp-content forler from it. Then I would connect to the server via FTP and delete everything but the wp-config.php and the wp-content directory. Next, I'd FTP up the new copy of wordpress and see what that does.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 04:01 PM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks JD. Let me get this straight, so I don't screw it up:
from the new WP, delete the wp-content folder
from the old server version delete everything except wp-config and wp-content
upload the new one.
Is that it? I'll try it tonight. I'll assume I should backup everything first, of course.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 04:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you've got it. The only things on the site you need to keep is the wp-config.php because you have that customized for yout database (name, userid, password) and there isn't one shipped with wordpress, just a wp-config-sample.php and the wp-content folder because that has your plugins, themes, uploads. Both of these are things you want to back up along with your database - but this won't effect your database at all - you just should back it up on a perodic basis.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 04:20 PM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
OK, thanks. I'll try it tonight or early tomorrow when traffic should be down, just in case. I do backup weekly, so I'm pretty secure.