Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Video Embeds Not Appearing In Excerpts In Category Page

Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:11 PM
bdcain

4 posts · Nov 2011
A few days ago my embedded videos stopped appearing in my category view. They still appear in my posts, but if you look at this category:

http://bryancain.net/category/global-perspectives/

You'll see that the last three posts don't show the video, whereas all the ones posted before do.

I'm stumped as to why this is happening.

Thanks for any insight you can provide,

Bryan
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at the excerpt options
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:51 AM
bdcain

4 posts · Nov 2011
I took a look and couldn't find any changes. The weird part is that the old ones are appearing correctly and the new ones aren't.

Any other ideas?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you use the manual excerpt box for the last three posts?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 01:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you llook at the second option 'don't stripp these tags' you will see that Atahualpa follows WordPress's default to strip ALL HTML from an excerpt. If you want them to show and they contain HTL (like a <script> then you have to add it to that option.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:24 PM
bdcain

4 posts · Nov 2011
Hey guys, as far as I know, I didn't do anything different for the new posts compared to the old ones. I already have the [embed] tag as a "do not strip" option. The weird part is that some of them are working and some aren't.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Looks like you have embeeded the video is some posts and are using an iframe in others.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:45 PM
bdcain

4 posts · Nov 2011
That's weird, I haven't done anything different as late. I added IFrame to the "Do Not Strip" box and that worked, so thank you very much!