Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Excluding Posts from a category appearing in chronological page navigation.

Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:10 PM
threedogmoon

28 posts · May 2010
NYC
I have read this post: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3500 and it comes close to what I am trying to do.

I have a blog category called "blog" -- http://www.blackpawphoto.com/category/blog/ -- I want posts from this category to show up only when folks go directly to that page.

I do not want post from the "blog" category to show up when browsing through posts from my tow other category "recent-work".

For example, on the following post's page: http://www.blackpawphoto.com/music-photos-audiometry/ -- You can see that the post named "Test Post" shows up in the navigation at the top/bottom of the page.

That post is from the "blog" category, and I would only like posts from the "blog" category to be visible when people go directly to the blog category page.

If anyone knows how to set this up, the help would be appreciated.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 02:36 PM
threedogmoon

28 posts · May 2010
NYC
Yes I did see that post, however, I am trying to not become dependent on yet another third party for updates. I am currently dependent on atahualpa, and other plugins, and your theme would be yet another. This is a business website, so I need as few complications as possible. Thank you though. I was hoping for a solution that would work inside the current version of Atahualpa.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
My favorite plugin for what you are trying to accomplish is List Category Posts.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:44 PM
threedogmoon

28 posts · May 2010
NYC
That is a good one, but my problem is that when you click on a Post title and go to a post's page, the posts from all categories show up in chronological order. I think I need to make a change to the code somewhere.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are a bunch of attributes you need to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threedogmoon
That is a good one, but my problem is that when you click on a Post title and go to a post's page, the posts from all categories show up in chronological order. I think I need to make a change to the code somewhere.