Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Can you widgetize the center area of your home page?

Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:57 AM
ftf79

12 posts · Apr 2009
This is probably a dumb question. I've been using the theme since I started my blog. I also have the Genesis framework but have not used it as I like the customization of the Atahualpha theme without coding too much.

I'd like to have my home page set up something like www.thepioneerwoman.com.

I'd like to use the dynamic content gallery directly under the menu bars, then have the five most recent post excerpts with images show up under the DCG. Is that possible?

Then when people click on a post or an image in the DCG, it takes them to a regular "read the post and comment" page.

I guess what I am asking is if there is a way to widgetize the center area like you can in the thesis theme. Thanks so much!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sure you can. if you are on 3.7.1 you need to edit index.php and add the new widget code above teh line
HTML Code:
	<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata['postcount']++; ?>
if you only want the widgets to show in the home page you could use somthingg like
HTML Code:
	<?php if (is_home()) { bfa_widget_area('name=center_area_above_posts'); } ?>
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:02 AM
ftf79

12 posts · Apr 2009
Thank you. I will try that and see what happens.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:24 PM
JuicyMaters

257 posts · Mar 2011
Send a message via Skype™ to JuicyMaters
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf79
I'd like to have my home page set up something like www.thepioneerwoman.com.
I'll be damned! I figgered I was the only ThePioneerWoman.com fan around here!