Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

CSS Problems

Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:06 PM
al805

4 posts · Jun 2010
In the last few minutes the CSS inserts in the settings seem to have stopped working. I don't think I changed any settings, I was just editing the CSS and suddenly it stopped working! The URL is http://www.shirleysa.org.uk.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwshirleysaorguk-20110401.txt (40.3 KB, 1005 views)
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What do you mean by stopped working? Did you or update any plugins? Had you made a change to CSS Inserts and clicked save when it "stopped working"? What version of Atahualpa are you using as I could not import the settings.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 04:40 PM
al805

4 posts · Jun 2010
Atahualpa seems not to be reading anything in the CSS inserts box. I had made a change to the CSS when it stopped working, and as soon as it went wrong I reversed the change, but this had no effect.
However, I was just doing a bit of playing around, and discovered that if I add /?bfa_debug=1 on the end of the URL it renders perfectly. Confused! I am using Atahualpa 3.5.1.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 04:43 PM
al805

4 posts · Jun 2010
Temporary solution: I have uncompressed the CSS and everything is back to normal. However, I would prefer compressed CSS to work!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 04:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you by any chance have a caching plugin active. If you do, shut it off when you are making design changes or they can take some time to show up since you may be seeing the cached page.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 05:28 PM
al805

4 posts · Jun 2010
No, I don't have a caching plugin active. Whenever I make tweaks to layout, the changes usually show up straight away. I have enabled and disabled the compression a few times, and each time I enable it the problems resurface. Is it possible that there is a problem with the way Atahualpa is compressing the CSS?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 07:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I would install 3.5.3 and try that. there were a couple BUGFIX's in 351 and 3.5.3 is the first release supporting the new wordpress menu's.

I would also recommend doing a manual install and putting it in it's own folder so you can swap back and forth between releases.