Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] CSS problems in IE

Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:53 AM
Harald

72 posts · Mar 2010
I can't get IE to recognice the code I put in html/css insert. This is the code:
body.home {
background: #ffffff;
}
body.page-id-36 {
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/sportbakgrund.png) repeat-x;
}
body.page-id-213 {
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/sportbakgrund.png) repeat-x;
}
body.page-id-215 {
}
body.page-id-217 {
}
body.page-id-219 {
}
body.page-id-224 {
}
body.page-id-230 {
}
body.page-id-233 {
}
body.page-id-235 {
background: url(wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/sportbakgrund.png) repeat-x;
}
.page-id-233 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-235 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-219 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-215 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-36 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-224 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-217 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-230 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-213 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-49 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-56 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-47 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-40 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-15 .breadcrumb_trail,
.page-id-4 .breadcrumb_trail {
display: none;}
.breadcrumb_trail {
font: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/bc_bg.png) repeat-x;
height:30px;
line-height:30px;
color:#9b9b9b;
border:solid 1px #cacaca;
-moz-border-radius: 6px;
-khtml-border-radius: 6px;
-webkit-border-radius: 6px;
border-radius: 6px;
width: 1000;
overflow:hidden;
margin:10px 0 0 0;
padding:0 0 0 10px;
}

.breadcrumb_trail li {
list-style:none;
float:left;
padding-left:10px;
}

.breadcrumb_trail a {
height:30px;
display:block;
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/bc_separator.png) right no-repeat;
padding-right: 15px;
text-decoration: none;
color:#454545;
}

.breadcrumb_trail a:hover {
color: red;
}

.breadcrumb_trail .home img {
border: none;
margin: 9px 0px;
}

It shows great in Firefox and safari.

Anyone has any idea what I do wrong?

Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
IE is very fussy, where the other browsers are generally more forgiving.

Generally in a case like this there is an error in a CSS statement prior to the stuff that is missing. Take a look at the CSS prior to the stuff that is not showing and see if you can find the error, if not go to ato->export/import settings and export the settings and attach them to a reply
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:51 AM
Harald

72 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks for your quick answer. I am not so good at this, so if it is ok for you to take a look at the file I would appreciate that a lot.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-iskanorfalsterbose-20110331.txt (22.6 KB, 1871 views)
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what is the URL seeing that I don't have your images
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:11 AM
Harald

72 posts · Mar 2010
The url to the site is www.iskanorfalsterbo.se
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:28 AM
Harald

72 posts · Mar 2010
I forgot to mention that there is a blue border around all images as well, and they are not centered either. In firefox and safari all this displays correct.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what part of the CSS isn't working?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:48 AM
Harald

72 posts · Mar 2010
Here is even more. The footer with the copyright is not centered as it is in the other browsers.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:56 AM
Harald

72 posts · Mar 2010
The parts I have noticed are:

The breadcrumb css does not work. I have put the css in html/css insert.
The special background for some pages which is in html/css as well does not work.
The footer with the copyright is not centered.
Images are not centered.
There is a blue border around all images.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
The breadcrumb css does not work. I have put the css in html/css insert.
are you using a plugin
Quote:
The special background for some pages which is in html/css as well does not work.
which page?
Quote:
The footer with the copyright is not centered.
what version of IE are you using? the footer looks fine in IE8
Quote:
Images are not centered.
give me an example page
Quote:
There is a blue border around all images.
point to a page/post
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:29 PM
Harald

72 posts · Mar 2010
Breadcrumb
* The plugin for the breadcrumb is Breadcrumb NavXT. First it does not show the breadcrumb with the css at all. It just shows the list. Secondly it shows the list on all pages including those I have display none on. The code I use I found here way back and has worked before when I used 3.5.3. In fact all worked before. The reason I have upgraded to 3.6.4 is because the site started to become very slow, so I decided to start all over. When I did that I did it with your latest version. I started from scratch with the latest Wordpress and a new database. Then I just copied the html code from the old pages and changed the urls that needed to be changed. I copied the old code from Content Above the Loop I had used for the navigation and the breadcrumb, and the old css code from html/css Insert for the page background and the Breadcrumb including those pages I do not want the breadcrumb to show in.

Special Background
* The home Page should be white and all the pages under and including Ungdomsliv have a graded grey background which is an image as you can see in the code above.

The footer
* I also use IE 8, and it does not look right. It is to the left and should be centered (I am talking about the one with copyright and atahualpa and wp-ticker).

Images and blue border
* If you look at the home page and the 4 images at the bottom of the page. They are all to the left, and should be centered. It is the same on all pages. The blue border around the images is there regardless of i I hover with the cursor or not. If I hover over the image it give like a black shadow around the image. Very strange.

If you open the site in firefox you will be able to see the huge difference.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:17 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
All looks good to me in IE8
Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Can you look at it in ie8 on someone else's computer. Some of this may be an IE setting issue. For example, do you have the zoom set to normal?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:42 PM
Harald

72 posts · Mar 2010
I actually had checked it on an other computer at a local school. Never the less, when both of you said it worked fine for you I started to look at my settings. I had set the zoom to normal or 100%, and tried some other sizes too. No difference. Then I found a setting "Compatibility View" and turned it off, and voila everything looked fine.
I am sorry that I waisted all this time for you with this, but I did not have a clue about that setting. Thank you very much for all your help. I have tried several other themes, but always gotten back to Atahualpa. There is nothing even close out there, including this forum. All this has finally convinced me to make a donation for all your fantastic work. Thanks a million times.