Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] How to display photo in post body with User Photo addon?

Old Feb 3, 2011, 04:32 PM
Fredo

11 posts · Aug 2010
Denver US
Hi:

I'm creating a blog with Atahualpa version 3.6.4. I installed the User Photo addon and added a photo for each user. I was able to get the photos to display in the byline for single post pages. I went to
Atahualpa Theme Options -> Edit Post/Page Info Items

and placed this code in the field for Byline: Single Post Pages
<?php userphoto_the_author_photo() ?> By %author%, %date('F j, Y')%

However, I would like to place the user photo in the post body so that the text flows around it. I can not find a way to do that.

Suggestions?

Thanks very much,

Fred
Old Feb 3, 2011, 07:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you want the photo as part of the post, then it has to be part of the post.

You could try adding it in ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN-> by changing this line

HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix"><?php userphoto_the_author_photo() ?>','</div>'); ?>
I don't guarantee it will work, it could even crash your site, but it is worth a test.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 07:57 AM
Fredo

11 posts · Aug 2010
Denver US
Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I tried it and although the site didn't crash, the image was not included in the post body. Not sure why.

At this time I have achieved a workaround by floating the image right. In that case, body text does wrap around the photo.

Again, thanks for the help.

Fred