This has various implications, one being that providing backwards compatibility with older WP versions has become an impossible task because the sheer existence of some older functions (pre WP3) will trigger an alert of the automated submission script at Wordpress.org and the theme will be denied automatically.
So from now on Atahualpa will be ready for the current and the past WP version, but not for older WP versions. Wordpress clearly does not want theme authors to provide too much backwards compatibility and rather see people upgrading to the new WP version all the time.
Consequently this 3.6 version has some old code removed and will very likely break with anything older than WP 3.0! So donít use Atahualpa 3.6 if your WP version is older than 3.0!
One rather big change in 3.6 is that the PHP eval function that was used for custom code inserts (all the text areas in the Atahualpa admin where you can put PHP code) is now replaced by PHP stream wrappers. (ĒEvalĒ is also not allowed anymore).
- ENHANCEMENT - Sort or Shuffle header images
- With the new WP3 menu system
- as of 3.5.3 Export/Import system now uses the JSON format instead of the serialized/base64_encode format used in 3.5.1 The reason for the change is that Wordpress.org won't list the base64_ version due to the malicious things often done with base64.
- This means that if you exported a settings file in 3.5.1 or earlier, and want to import that in 3.5.3 or greater, you'd need to do some legwork: Download this zip file, extract it, rename the "uploadBASE64.php" to "upload.php" and replace the existing "upload.php" in your current version with it.
- If you don't have old settings files that you want to import then you don't need to do the steps described above
- added a 'Confirm' dialog to the 'Reset ALL Options' button
- Fix styling when using the new WordPress menus
- The classic style is used for new install and if you reset all settings
- Allow multi-site users to see the Atahualpa Theme Options
Download 3.6.0 here:
- BUG - %page-right and %cat-right do not work with the animated menus (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=9176)
- check out problems with new java code (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7961
- check out 'auto draft' issue (see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7684 post #7)
- ENHANCEMENT - make 'Featured Images' links to the post (see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...7770#post47770)