Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

To-Do for 3.4.7

Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:25 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Added May 5, 2010:
3.4.7 should come tomorrow Thursday, May 6, 2010.
Added May 6, 2010 -> Release Fr. May 7, 2010 for sure

The new Import/Export feature finally allows me to change the 2 yo default style. We'll also be able to release and exchange new styles here on the forum. This is one of the 2 extra styles I made, its all contained in the settings file (20 kb), and can be imported with one click:

Single Post Page:

3.4.6 can be downloaded here: http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=87

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:45 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
It would be gnarly if another sidebar option was given, to have a top sidebar section that spans the inner and outside sidebars. I know I'm probably explaining this badly, but basically make the sidebar so widgets could span 2 sidebars.

I guess it would look like this:

|----------SIDEBAR A-------------|
|---SIDEBAR B---|---SIDEBAR C---|

Ya know what I'm talking about?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 03:45 PM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Adum,
the way to do what you are asking is explained here:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ghlight=thesis
Cheers,
Marc
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
See HOWTO: put an AD (or other) widget over/in the middle/under two sidebars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5419)
Old Feb 27, 2010, 08:05 AM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Oh nice thanks a lot!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:10 AM
prokopino

9 posts · Feb 2010
hello and thank you for your really great work!!

i am wondering, the upcoming (when????) 3.4.7 with the new features (import/export and less queries) will be, let say, "updatable" for previus version and if YES, for witch versions?

thanks again for your time and for sharing this!!!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 03:40 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Flynn --
lots of people tugging on you I am sure, just be aware that the import/export is key as it will be the foundation of a whole series of Atahualpa child themes that I am planning on developing / soliciting (I will probably make a special website just for this). Similar to the Atahualpa Thesis theme clone
Old Mar 8, 2010, 04:56 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Flynn, as I mentioned earlier, this one: Add redirect mechanism for items in the menu bars so arbitrary links can be added to menu bars through Wordpress, without file edits. NOTE: You can use this: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...age+menu+links will be part of the Wordpress 3.0 core. I've tested it already, and they've added the Woo Themes Custom Navigation feature to the core. You can mix outside URLs, pages and categories in menus, drag and drop the order, put them into widgets.

You might want to make this functionality work with Atahualpa's header.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 05:16 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Ditto with what Paulee says, that will help greatly.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:57 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Here is what I had in mind after the release of 3.4.7, to give you an idea:

http://atahualpatheme.com/
Old Mar 31, 2010, 04:51 AM
Ber|Art

198 posts · Oct 2009
Europe (NL) ber-art.nl Windows 7x64 WP 3.x Atahualpa 3.7.x
Send a message via Skype™ to Ber|Art
Wow, big list, lots to do but some very nice additions
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:11 PM
nextstep

3 posts · Apr 2010
It would be very useful if the title of posts was able to hyper link to an external URL -- as explained here:
http://bit.ly/5ToHer

(if this is already a possibility my apologies for requesting it -- I just haven't been able to find it)
Old Apr 8, 2010, 02:08 AM
Digikalut

1 posts · Apr 2010
Great tips. Thank you.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 03:01 AM
JeffQ

2 posts · Apr 2010
It would be great to be able to turn off the Atahualpa post options in the Edit Post admin. Currently (3.4.6), the post title fields autopopulate. The alternate post titles don't use the automatic quotation mark and dash conversion system in WP/Tiny MCE. So staight quote marks stay such, and two or three hyphens in a row stay hyphens and don't become en or em dashes, as happens in WP without the theme. The only way I've been able to get the nice quote marks and dashes back is to delete the Atahualpa post title field data and click Publish.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 03:25 PM
pjmeimei

2 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

As I noticed in the other theme, "Montezuma", if the image width is wider than the middle column, it would be automatically shrink to fit. Do you think same thing can be applied for the Atahualpa as well?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 05:24 AM
TGsoft

17 posts · Apr 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to TGsoft
Hey Flynn,

is it possible to add the Facebook's Universal 'Like' Button after every article as a possible option???

Thank you

Thomas

Edit: It seems that it isn't more necessarily since i found the solution of the Facebook Universal Like button – wp plugin

Thank's again

Thomas

Last edited by TGsoft; Apr 22, 2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old May 3, 2010, 05:10 PM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Nice to see that the first post is getting some updates. Because qtranslate is not yet marked "done"...

Flynn, could you please try to get the qtranslate home_link problem out of the way. I think it should be simple for you, but I dit not manage.

The problem is, that whenever one clicks onto the "home" link, one ends up in the default language. So for bilingual blogs/pages this is very annoying. The author of qtranslate has the following suggestion to theme devellopers to make it work: "This is a template problem. Your template is using get_option('home') to get the link for the front page, which is BAD! get_option is not supposed to be used in templates. There is a function called bloginfo for templates. Use that instead and everything will work the way it is supposed to."

I do hope that for you this is very easy to change, when I try to change it I only crash my site....
The translated date, the second qtranslate problem is solved already. Therefore solving the above would cross out another point from the todo list (and make all qtranslate users happy --- sadly we are trapped in, as once you have installed and used qtranslate, changing to another bilingual plugin is nearly impossible as it would need to more or less start with a clean databse or lot of manual work).
Old May 4, 2010, 08:37 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremecarver
Nice to see that the first post is getting some updates. Because qtranslate is not yet marked "done"...

Flynn, could you please try to get the qtranslate home_link problem out of the way. I think it should be simple for you, but I dit not manage.

The problem is, that whenever one clicks onto the "home" link, one ends up in the default language. So for bilingual blogs/pages this is very annoying. The author of qtranslate has the following suggestion to theme devellopers to make it work: "This is a template problem. Your template is using get_option('home') to get the link for the front page, which is BAD! get_option is not supposed to be used in templates. There is a function called bloginfo for templates. Use that instead and everything will work the way it is supposed to."

I do hope that for you this is very easy to change, when I try to change it I only crash my site....
The translated date, the second qtranslate problem is solved already. Therefore solving the above would cross out another point from the todo list (and make all qtranslate users happy --- sadly we are trapped in, as once you have installed and used qtranslate, changing to another bilingual plugin is nearly impossible as it would need to more or less start with a clean databse or lot of manual work).
I am replacing all "get_option" with output buffer plus "bloginfo" (instead of just "get_bloginfo") for best plugin compatibility.

Does it work for you if you replace in functions/bfa_get_options.php, line 26-29

Old:

PHP Code:
$bfa_ata['siteurl'] = get_option('siteurl');
$bfa_ata['template_directory'] = get_bloginfo('template_directory');

$bfa_ata['get_option_home'] = get_option('home'); 
with New:

PHP Code:
ob_start(); 
    if (
get_bloginfo('wpurl') == '') { 

// Older WP versions

bloginfo('siteurl'); 
    } else { 

bloginfo('wpurl'); 
    } 

$bfa_ata['siteurl'] = ob_get_contents(); 
ob_end_clean();
ob_start(); bloginfo('template_directory'); $bfa_ata['template_directory'] = ob_get_contents(); ob_end_clean();
ob_start(); bloginfo('home'); $bfa_ata['get_option_home'] = ob_get_contents(); ob_end_clean(); 
Old May 4, 2010, 09:09 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Yeah thanks, that did it. That plus den translated dates solves all qtranslate problems for me (plus disabling page options). I'm not using tinymce but fckeditor though, so I can't say if all qtranslate issues are solved on the backend. The homepage itself is now working correctly!
Old May 4, 2010, 09:42 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremecarver
Yeah thanks, that did it. That plus den translated dates solves all qtranslate problems for me (plus disabling page options). I'm not using tinymce but fckeditor though, so I can't say if all qtranslate issues are solved on the backend. The homepage itself is now working correctly!
Good to hear. I am adding this for 3.4.7 and have set the issue to (probably) solved
Old Nov 23, 2010, 02:20 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
Hello, i've installed Atahualpa and I tried importing settings from a file but nothing seems to happen.
Is there anything i have to fix like changing the permissions of some folder somewhere?

Also, it might be an option to use Wordpress's built in FTP credential checker for uploading, so users would enter FTP username and password and permissions wouldn't be a problem.

Awaiting a quickfix so i can import my settings!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 02:46 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
Nevermind, it seems to be a settings issue between 3.5.1 and greater versions. I tried using the uploadBASE64.php file but that didn't help.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:43 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
In case anyone is wondering, my file had multiple lines. To fix i joined all the lines together with a space between each. If you don't include a space, it won't work.