Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.4.8 released

Old May 8, 2010, 10:00 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
3.4.9 is coming Sunday, May 9, 2010, late evening
-> almost there, give me until Monday evening

You can download 3.4.8 here http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=89

I suggest that you upload this version as i.e. /wp-content/themes/atahualpa348/

You can always switch back to your older version at WP Admin -> Themes. Your existing Atahualpa setting are not being overwritten by 3.4.8

If you have existing settings:
Atahualpa 3.4.8 takes those and saves them in the new single row format

If you don't have existing settings:
Atahualpa loads the new default style from /atahualpa/styles/ata-default.txt

In /atahualpa/styles/ there are 3 .txt files
  • ata-classic.txt (the old Atahualpa look)
  • ata-default.txt (the new Atahualpa default look for new users)
  • ata-round.txt (another new style)
Currently, if you want to switch to one of these 3 styles, you'd have to import the text file, i.e. /atahualpa348/styles/ata-round.txt from the atahualpa download on your computer (instead of being able to import it from the uploaded Atahualpa files on your web hosting account)

The H1-H6 headings may be smaller/bigger in 3.4.8 compared to -3.4.6. I removed the following static part from css.php as it was causing some size differences between linked/not linked post titles. You could add this again as a CSS Insert if you want to keep the old H1-H6 settings:

h1 { font-size: 34px; line-height: 1.2; margin: 0.3em 0 10px; }
h2 { font-size: 28px; line-height: 1.3; margin: 1em 0 .2em; }
h3 { font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.3; margin: 1em 0 .2em; }
h4 { font-size: 19px; margin: 1.33em 0 .2em; }
h5 { font-size: 1.3em; margin: 1.67em 0; font-weight: bold; }
h6 { font-size: 1.15em; margin: 1.67em 0; font-weight: bold; }

Bugs in 3.4.8 (3.4.9 coming Sunday May 9, 2010):
  • The option "External & Static" at Configure CSS & JS isn't implemented yet although it is being offered in the drop down menu
  • unstyled theme, missing layout parts for some users...
  • check upgrade from older Atahualpa versions , i.e 3.1.X
Old May 8, 2010, 10:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you installed 3.4.7, you must delete a row from the wp_options table before 3.4.8 will pick up your original settings. Issue the following SQL statement in phpMyAdmin on your wordpress database (make sure the prefix matches the prefix of your database
HTML Code:
DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata4'
Old May 8, 2010, 10:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To be fair this is a site I use for a lot of testing and it looks like I did something which prevents it from working with 3.4.7 ro 3.4.8. When I switch back to 3.4.6 all is OK. Any ideas where to look?
Old May 8, 2010, 10:38 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Juggledad, that fixed it!
Old May 8, 2010, 10:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
dump the 3.4.7 version and do the delete in my previous post and try again.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:41 AM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
I just downloaded it & installed it, and initially the header images were spazzing out in preview, but since I only use one, i just deleted them & uploaded my new one to the new 348 folder header area.

The preview shows correct, now however, when I activate the theme, there is NO STYLING is, all text & images, but the "design" isn't there... so I'm back to the previous Ata I was using.

I was updating from a somewhat old version of Ata 3.1.8, and I only use "Pages" no posts, this is what I get when I activate the theme & what it should look like. I never installed 3.4.7.

Last edited by JaneD; Oct 16, 2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:51 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To delete a previous option 'bfa_ata4' that was saved by 3.4.7, you can also, alternatively to the SQL command do this: In PHPMyAdmin go to the database in question and choose to browse the 'wp_options' table

Then click the next/previous page buttons untill you find 'bfa_ata4':

Finally, click the red [X] to delete it:

Old May 8, 2010, 10:56 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Upgarding from 3.4.6 after running the SQL query seems fine. Speed improvement of around 30% is also nice (overall page generation time).

Still my page ain't as fast as I would like it to be (1-1.2 seconds), but now atahualpa should be no more responsible for the slowness (major cause is qtranslate, which doubles pageload time, and me being unable to get php-fpm and nginx properly running and therefore sticking to LAMP)
Old May 8, 2010, 10:59 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremecarver
Upgarding from 3.4.6 after running the SQL query seems fine. Speed improvement of around 30% is also nice (overall page generation time).

Still my page ain't as fast as I would like it to be (1-1.2 seconds), but now atahualpa should be no more responsible for the slowness (major cause is qtranslate, which doubles pageload time, and me being unable to get php-fpm and nginx properly running and therefore sticking to LAMP)

I'll add dynamically created Static CSS and JS files, which will be saved in the WP Uploads folder and updated each time "Save Changes" was clicked in the admin area, in the next major version (not in the small versions that may come today/the next days)
Old May 8, 2010, 11:04 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
That's great. The current external / external static options don't seem to work for me. I was already thinking before activating external static that it won't work "out of the box", but afterwards activating external and it also not working, made me rather suprised. I think external previously worked...

Maybe also only switching from external static to external is broken (not working out of the box...)
Old May 8, 2010, 05:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I had a totally blank page except for the links to bytesforall. I deleted the row in the wp_options table and got my site back but without styling. Any ideas?

Update: I set CSS to External file, saved, and set back to internal and the styling was back without sidebars. I set the sidebars to not show at all, saved, and then set it back and the sidebars showed up.

On another note... Uploading the rounded corner settings file did nothing.

Last edited by lmilesw; May 8, 2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Update
Old May 8, 2010, 06:24 PM
Kadin

39 posts · May 2010
Quote:
Upgarding from 3.4.6 after running the SQL query seems fine.
Bit confused as I never installed 3.4.7 (running 3.4.6) yet I still need to do a SQL query? There a step by step for 3.4.6 -> 3.4.8? When I try and load 3.4.8 out of the box (no changes) it returns a page entirely void of formatting. Does the 3.4.7 fix work for going from 3.4.6 -> 3.4.8 as well? Hesitant to even try messing with the database without having a fall-back.
Old May 8, 2010, 06:39 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The setting "External Static" at ATO -> Configure CSS & JS -> CSS: External file or inline? isn't implemented yet, do not use it

I forgot to remove the option from the drop down menu

I'll release a new version on Sunday with a fix for this and other issues
Old May 8, 2010, 07:18 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Did you not get any kind of message (displayed only for 1-2 seconds) below the "Upload and Import Atahualpa Settings" button?
Old May 8, 2010, 07:23 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadin
Bit confused as I never installed 3.4.7 (running 3.4.6) yet I still need to do a SQL query? There a step by step for 3.4.6 -> 3.4.8? When I try and load 3.4.8 out of the box (no changes) it returns a page entirely void of formatting. Does the 3.4.7 fix work for going from 3.4.6 -> 3.4.8 as well? Hesitant to even try messing with the database without having a fall-back.
3.4.7 is not required, if you did not install 3.4.7 then it's even easier to get started with 3.4.8 as you don't need to delete the 'bfa_ata4' option.

BTW deleting that 'bfa_ata4' option doesn't do any harm, neither to WordPress nor to your existing 3.4.6 or older Atahualpa settings.

Upload 3.4.8 into its own directory. For instance if you have 3.4.6 as

/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/

then you could upload 3.4.8 as

/wp-content/themes/atahualpa348/

They'll appear as 2 distinctive themes at WP Admin -> Themes.

At the moment when 3.4.8 is being previewed at WP Admin -> Themes, it collects existing 3.4.6 settings from the database and saves them in the new format under the name 'bfa_ata4', without deleting those older 3.4.6 settings.

Each time you activate (or even just preview) the theme version 3.4.8, the option 'bfa_ata4' will be created again in the wp_options table.
Old May 8, 2010, 07:36 PM
Kadin

39 posts · May 2010
Quote:
3.4.7 is not required, if you did not install 3.4.7 then it's even easier to get started with 3.4.8 as you don't need to delete the 'bfa_ata4' option.
I followed the steps you told me. (Again I never installed 3.4.7 and am going from 3.4.6 -> 3.4.8) And the "preview" from the themes selection page looks perfect, but when I activate the actual theme it is completely without any style (white bg / standard text no images). No rush on a fix man, 3.4.6 is still awesome beyond words. Thanks again for the work your doing!

P.S. if you need to see what I'm talking about PM me and I'll give ya a temp admin account to check it out.

Edit: Removed the 'bfa_ata4' to see if that was the issue, had no effect.

Last edited by Kadin; May 8, 2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old May 8, 2010, 07:45 PM
inkan

22 posts · Dec 2009
Jönköping, Sweden
Send a message via Skype™ to inkan
I upgraded from 3.4.6 to 3.4.8 - and it fixed the problem with qTranslate that you needed to manually remove headers (4 rows) when upgrading or creating content. But another problem appeared: Only the default language was shown with a CSS. It was fixed by changing the Configure CSS & JS - "CSS: External file or inline?" and "Javascript: External file or inline?" to "Inline".

The problem is caused by this row in the header, generated differently for different languages (from page source before I changed the settings):

Not working version:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.bjuroklubb.se/?lang=en/?bfa_ata_file=css" type="text/css" media="all" />

Working version:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.bjuroklubb.se/?bfa_ata_file=css" type="text/css" media="all" />

Having the CSS inline works as a work-around.

The error message is (swedish browser):

Användaragent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.2)
Tidsstämpling: Sun, 9 May 2010 01:21:53 UTC

Meddelande: Syntaxfel
Rad: 1
Tecken: 1
Kod: 0
URI: http://www.bjuroklubb.se/?lang=en/?bfa_ata_file=js

I also deleted the bfa_ata4 -row in the database as described above, but the CSS-problem was not solved by that.

If I corrected the CSS problem in a faulty way, please give me a hint how to do it right.

Thanks in advance - I hope that I can help someone also using qTranslate by telling about this.

/Inkan
Old May 8, 2010, 09:09 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw

I found the reason for this

I'll release a 3.4.9 Sunday evening
Old May 9, 2010, 07:48 AM
kleinsasser.eu

16 posts · Jan 2010
Austria
updating from 3.4.6 -> 3.4.8 is resulting in NO styles an formats on my site. Also the header is crunched.
The solution with SQL is doing nothing
Old May 9, 2010, 04:29 PM
Kadin

39 posts · May 2010
Yea kleinsasser I'm in the same boat. Hopefully 3.4.9 will fix it.
Old May 9, 2010, 06:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this, change some option to itself then hit the green save button and see what happens
Old May 9, 2010, 06:35 PM
Kadin

39 posts · May 2010
Quote:
try this, change some option to itself then hit the green save button and see what happens
Still completely unformatted.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:03 PM
kleinsasser.eu

16 posts · Jan 2010
Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
still nothing

Original: my site
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ata348.jpg
Views:	2519
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	492  

Last edited by kleinsasser.eu; May 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:24 PM
inkan

22 posts · Dec 2009
Jönköping, Sweden
Send a message via Skype™ to inkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I also tried to change settings back and forth for no avail. Update: When I open each selection in the admin panel and save each page one after one, peace after peace are slowly coming back to normal CSS look. However, many 3.4.6 settings are lost for 3.4.8. Switching back to 3.4.6 and they are kept for that version. A long way from getting the indended look, but work-aroundable at least. Sorry, didn´t open/save ALL the settings before I replied before.

I upgraded to 3.4.8 from 3.4.6 with success at one site (http://www.bjuroklubb.se/), and from 3.4.4 to 3.4.8 at another. Upgrading from 3.4.6 worked great except from the qTranslate plugin issue described above that was fixed by changing to inline CSS. Upgrading from 3.4.4 directly to 3.4.8 however resulted in the same messed up CSS as reported by others here. I can´t think of any other differences than the version I upgraded from. WP 2.9.2 installed in both sites, same ISP, same PHP and MySQLversion. I even used the same source files and FTP:ed them over to the server. No panic though, as the second one is a test installation. It just seem so unlogical so I felt that I should probably tell you.

I also removed the field in the database as described here in both installations and that didn´t make any difference either. Never had 3.4.7 installed but had that value in the database anyway.

bjuroklubb.se
MySQL: Server version: 5.0.32-Debian_7etch11-log, Protocol version: 10
Server: Linux srv51 2.6.18-6-vserver-amd64 #1 SMP
PHP Version 5.3.2

The test site
MySQL: Server version: 5.0.32-Debian_7etch11-log, Protocol version: 10
Server: Linux srv73 2.6.26-2-vserver-amd64 #1 SMP
PHP Version 5.3.2

Last edited by inkan; May 10, 2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old May 10, 2010, 01:32 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I've got 3.4.8 running on a new WP 2.9.2 installation, with only a header image and a few options changed. Everything seems OK. http://fastwomen.com/

As I said somewhere else, though, I don't want the Page menu to be tabbed.