Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

nl_NL - Dutch (Nederlands)

Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:44 AM
josjojo

4 posts · Jan 2009
English
Dutch translation for Atahualpa 3.51

Instructions
Download the file attached to this post.
Unpack nl_NL.zip and upload the nl_NL.mo file to: <wordpress-root>/wp-content/themes/atahualpa351.

Be sure to add/edit the following line in <wordpress-root>/wp-config.php:
Code:
define ('WPLANG', 'nl_NL');
Nederlands (Dutch)
Nederlandse vertaling voor Atahualpa 3.51

Instructies
Download het bestand dat bij dit bericht is bijgevoegd.
nl_NL.zip uitpakken en het bestand nl_NL.mo uploaden naar: <wordpress-root>/wp-content/themes/atahualpa351.

Wees er zeker van dat je de volgende regel hebt toegevoegd/gewijzigd in <wordpress-root>/wp-config.php:
Code:
Attached Files
File Type: zip nl_NL.zip (4.9 KB, 4033 views)
Old Sep 21, 2010, 05:59 AM
Handre

46 posts · May 2010
oke....nothing happens

I am using Atahualpa 353 and WP 3.01

I did not change the language of wordpress. Is this neccesary?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:51 AM
josjojo

4 posts · Jan 2009
Yes, you have to change the language of WordPress by editing <wordpress-root>/wp-config.php.
Please follow the instructions as posted in the first post.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 05:37 AM
Neut

26 posts · Jul 2010
The Netherlands, Europe, Earth
Thanks, I was looking for this. Ontzettend bedankt!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 04:05 AM
Stippel

17 posts · Mar 2011
I'm looking for the place where I have to change the language. End is it also necessary when I have download the newest version of WP in Dutch?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:31 AM
Stippel

17 posts · Mar 2011
I did the first step but I don't understand how and where to do the following step:

Code:

Have I to go on the files on mij Admin Direct?
I don't know where I can edit that code. Please would you help me, I'm still a junior, even if I became 50 last month

Last edited by Stippel; Mar 25, 2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:35 AM
kunz

12 posts · Sep 2011
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stippel
I did the first step but I don't understand how and where to do the following step:

Code:

Have I to go on the files on mij Admin Direct?
I don't know where I can edit that code. Please would you help me, I'm still a junior, even if I became 50 last month
You have to open up your wp-config.php (using a text editor), edit it with those changes and then re-upload it back to the server.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:08 AM
AnitaNijman

1 posts · Jan 2012
Hi everyone here,
I can't get the Dutch language files to work. I have just installed Atahualpa 3.7.3 and did everything as described above: put the language files in Atahualpa directory and made sure the wp-config file contains
The information in the post-info and Comments are not translated. Anyone an idea?
thanks in advance
Old Mar 5, 2012, 02:55 PM
DikkieDick

4 posts · Mar 2012
This is ofcourse a very old thread and seems to involve Atahualpa 3.5. I'm also using 3.7.3 and am having troubles getting it right. Seems that the mo-file has directions to comments.php differently than the 'new' pot-fille. I manually changed it, saved it and ran poedit to generate an mo-file as well, but it didn't solve it.

Does anybody has a good Dutch translation file for 3.7.3?

Site now looks a bit strange with:

maart 2nd, 2012 | Category: Uncategorized | Leave a comment | Edit this post

In the comments the 'nd' after 2 (or 'rd' or 'th') are missing, but it still doesn't look very well.

For the moment I've put wp_lang back to non-Dutch.

Thanx in advance.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:30 AM
Eigen-web.nl

5 posts · May 2012
Same here.. the big problem for me is the comment option.

first there is

Naam (verplicht) This is ok
Email (will not be published) (required) This is not ok, its in English
And the button to send is called Post Comment

I search for a couple of hours for a solution with this theme and tried to changes all kind of files but nothing change.

Look here for your self: http://eigen-web.nl/wordpress_backup/

Please some help
Old May 30, 2012, 08:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The pot was rebuilt for 3.7.7 with the addition of a couple missing items or you can apply the patches to 3.7.3 -see the 'New Versions, & Updating' forum
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:22 AM
merlotc

1 posts · Jan 2013
Belgium
Send a message via Skype™ to merlotc
And how should I proceed with the 3.7.10 ?
Is there another .mo file available ?

When using 3.7.10 I have 2 times the same widgets at the right side, once in English and another time in Dutch, as my wp-config.php contains the nl_NL value .

The double widget story is annoying
Old Feb 6, 2013, 03:23 AM
jmaas92

2 posts · Feb 2013
Tilburg, The Nederlands
Is there a new nl_NL.mo file available for Atahualpa 3.7.10? I tried fixing it with the old file but this doesn't work.

I am using Dutch WP 3.5.1 an my wp-config.php file allready contains the nl_NL code.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 03:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
merlotc:
Quote:
When using 3.7.10 I have 2 times the same widgets at the right side, once in English and another time in Dutch, as my wp-config.php contains the nl_NL value .

The double widget story is annoying
do you have some plugin that is causing this? have you tried to isolate the cause by deactivatina ALL plugins at the same time? If this is an issue, you should open a seperate thread.

jmaas92: there is a POT that is avaliable for use in translating. The theme does not provide the translation for every language, just the ability for you to create a translation.

It has been a wonderful display of the user community seeing how many times others have done the translation and then posted a copy
Old Aug 18, 2013, 09:21 AM
Freek Bosveld

3 posts · Aug 2013
How can I make my own translation. It seems none of the Dutch translations on this site really work. Even on a fresh WP site without any plugins...
Old Aug 18, 2013, 09:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
there is a POT that is avaliable for use in translating. The theme does not provide the translation for every language, just the ability for you to create a translation.