Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Titles on tag page showing but not hyper linked

Old Jun 29, 2010, 02:48 PM
sjedwardz

13 posts · Jan 2010
Reading Berkshire
I have the tag cloud widget enabled so that I can get a page for each post that relates to the tag.

This works fine and clicking on the tag from the widget shows the page along with thumbnails and excerpt.

However the post title is shown but not hyper linked to the relevant post - its just plain text. I also have a category page and that is showing correctly.

Any ideas??

An example is here http://www.shaunedwards.com/tag/maternity-photographer
Old Jun 29, 2010, 04:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm assuming these are excerpts - what do you have coded at ato->Configure EXCERPTS->Don't strip these tags
Old Jun 30, 2010, 03:58 AM
sjedwardz

13 posts · Jan 2010
Reading Berkshire
They are exerts but the same thing happens if I have full post option on as well.

I just have <p> but have tried with <a> in there as well.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of Atahualpa? If 3.5.1 export the settings (ATO->Export/Import) and attach them to a reply
Old Jul 1, 2010, 01:10 AM
sjedwardz

13 posts · Jan 2010
Reading Berkshire
using 3.4.6 so don't have the export option.

How easy is it to upgrade to latest version??? Just read the readme and it looks pretty simple, will my settings be left intact or do I have to redo them all again for the new version my site is live so don't want to screw it up!!

Last edited by sjedwardz; Jul 1, 2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 04:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
All settings are stored in the database so they remain. I would suggest manually uploading the new atahualpa351 folder to the themes folder then you can switch between the theme versions with the theme picker. You may have to copy your images and change some URL references.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 06:54 AM
sjedwardz

13 posts · Jan 2010
Reading Berkshire
I've upgraded to wp 3 and atahualpa 3.5.1 but still get the problem. I;ve attached my settings here for you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwshaunedwardscom-20100708.txt (25.7 KB, 705 views)
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you have ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box set to 'display:none;' this will prevent the title (asnd link) from displaying
you also have teh 'display:none;' in KICKER Box, KICKER Box: Links, HEADLINE Box: Text, BYLINE Box
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:15 PM
sjedwardz

13 posts · Jan 2010
Reading Berkshire
Thanks - That worked.
I think I remember setting it to display:none as my h1 title was being created from somewhere and I have no idea where!

I've set it back to the defaults now the tag page works ok but the h1 title of the page is being created from somewhere and I have no idea where! So I turned that off and coded them by hand which worked fine but then the tag category page doesn't - can only seem to have one or the other.

Any clues as to where the h1 title at the top of the page is coming from? I've turned on and off all in on seo but that didn't fix it.

I had a look at the source of one of the pages and its shows

<div class="post-headline"> <h1>Baby</h1>

</div>
<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix"><h1>Baby photographer – Professional newborn baby photography.</h1>

As you can see it thinks the title is "baby" but the page title within wp is "baby photographer"

Last edited by sjedwardz; Jul 8, 2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:27 PM
sjedwardz

13 posts · Jan 2010
Reading Berkshire
Think I found it..

When I first setup the pages I was using atahualpa for my seo so filled in bfa_ata_meta fields. I've switched SEO and am now using all in one seo but it is stilling using these.

Am I ok to delete the custom fields when they are used?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 05:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
yes you can delete them