Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Trying to put tag and tag description on tag archive pages.

Old Nov 27, 2009, 01:50 PM
c4duser

24 posts · Nov 2009
I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.4 with Wordpress 2.8.6, trying to upgrade an existing blog to a more modern style.

I have been able to set up arquive pages for categories, showing the category name and description.

I would like to do the same for tags.

Both tags and categories are linked to the respective arquive pages on the footer of each post and seem to work fine as far as content goes.

However, I can't figure out how to get the tag name and description to appear on the tag archive page, like it does on the category archive page.

===========

OK, I found the solution. Actually, it's quite simple:

Just put this code in ATO "Style and Edit Center Column", in the box "Content Above the Loop"

<?php if ( is_tag() ) { ?>
<div class="catbox"><strong><?php single_tag_title(); ?>
</strong> <?php echo tag_description(); ?></div>
<?php } ?>

I use the "catbox" class to style both the Tag and Category pages in the HTML/CSS inserts section of ATO.

Last edited by c4duser; Dec 7, 2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Solution found.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 01:20 AM
andyro

19 posts · Dec 2008
california & canada
This was very helpful, and works well, thanks! I just read Justin Tadlock's description of the same here:
http://justintadlock.com/archives/20...n-wordpress-28

I'm using a plugin called 'Images for Tags' as you can see on any post here: www/plusplus.ca. Each post returns the images for tags that pertain to the respective post. Is there a way to call the images I have set with this plugin, rather than just the words in your 'catbox' example?

Thanks! It's nice when things just work when you plunk them in! Would you mind sharing the syntax of your css styling for catbox so I can try it out - I haven't a clue how to script this stuff from scratch but can learn by example...

Last edited by andyro; Jun 5, 2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 02:18 AM
andyro

19 posts · Dec 2008
california & canada
.tagbox {
color: #666666;
border: dashed 1px #666666; padding: 20px; margin: 10px;
font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;
}

Figured it out!