Originally Posted by ellenfinkl
I didn't realize I was adding a new widget area. (I thought I had to add a new column and then put a widget in it.) I didn't have the terminology right. Well, I searched in the forum and found the information. Thanks.
Here's what I don't understand in the explanation at Atahualpa Theme Options>Add New Widget Areas.
1. "Note: After you've added new widget areas, you'll need to reload a front end page 1-2 times before they get created and start appearing on the front end. "
Does reload a front end page just mean to display the blog and refresh the browser? If not, what does it mean?
2. "And you'll need to reload WP->Presentation->Widgets 1-2 times before you can see the new widget areas there and start adding widgets."
I think here I can substitute Appearance for Presentation, right? Again, does reload just mean to go to that area in the dashboard, leave it, and go in again?
3. If I put the code given <?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?> in the Configure Header Area text box before the other text, will the new widget area go above the current header area? Is there any way for me to specify a size or does it take on the size of the content I put into it?
1. Yes, refresh a couple times.
2. Yes, refresh a couple times.
3. Yes it does, and if you put nothing in it, it won't show. It will also be centered to align with your page ( I believe, haven't tested it yet).