Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to center a text widget in the header area

Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:56 PM
timanderson

4 posts · Jan 2010
I thought this would be easy - it probably is, but I'm not succeeding at the moment.

I have a text widget in the header area. It is currently aligned left. I want it centered.

I've tried setting margin 0 auto; in various places - div.bfa_widget_area and div.textwidget - but the content remains aligned left.

The only thing I've found that works in a test is setting the container table cell to centered:

<!-- Header -->
<td colspan="3" align="center" id="header">

but I can't see how to apply this setting through options either.

What's the correct way to do this?

Thanks

Tim
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you add a widget AREA to the header, you can then add one or more widgets to that widget AREA. The alignment will determine how the widgets are aligned in that widget AREA. if you add a widget area with one cell, it will span the header area maning alignment tough to perceive
Old Jun 13, 2010, 03:20 PM
timanderson

4 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks; yes I guess I added the header widget area. Looks like I should delete it and re-add with different configuration. I'll have a go.

Tim
Old Jun 13, 2010, 04:08 PM
timanderson

4 posts · Jan 2010
I've solved this by adding a 3-cell widget area (although I only want one) and setting align=1 and width_2=[the width I want].

Thanks

Tim