Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Comments disappeared Ata3.4.2 and WP 2.9.2

Old May 15, 2010, 08:16 PM
petercasier

5 posts · Jul 2009
Using atahualpa 3.4.2 and WP 2.9.2 in "blogtips.org"

Each post:

For non-logged in users, a random amount of comments show up, and no comment form.

When I log in as admin, i see no comments, no comment form and the remark "Comments are closed."

I tried the fix in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4954 with the comments.php and the fix in comment-template.php but no avail.

Help please

Last edited by petercasier; May 16, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old May 16, 2010, 05:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First off, was this site hacked? looking at the article it looks like it was. It's also possible that your database was hacked.

looking at the post 'http://www.blogtips.org/how-to-cure-your-godaddy-wordpress-hacked-blog/' it shows a post date of May 9th, 2010 but the first comment is November 27th, 2009 and it doesn't seem to be related to this post.

It looks like there may be corruption in your database.

]If you get hacked, you must remember to replace ALL the wordpress code, theme code and plugin code with fresh copies and remove anything 'extra'.

The solution you give does not take into account that a hacker may substituet his own code in or add new modules. The safest thing is to - in the case of a theme, remove the theme folder and reinstall it.

Last edited by juggledad; May 16, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old May 17, 2010, 12:35 PM
petercasier

5 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for the tips:

- The comments work fine with other themes, so I doubt the database is corrupted.

- Indeed the site was hacked with the infamous eval(base64_decode()) hack (Godaddy )
The hack does not add or change files other than adding a one liner at the top.
However, knowing the comments work fine with another theme, makes me indeed believe the best to do is to re-install Atahualpa.. Only thing is: I will loose all my customization, right?

Thanks for your help

Peter
Old May 17, 2010, 12:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you won't loose any customization made via the theme options since they are stored in the db. If you changed any of the code (php files) you will lose that
Old May 17, 2010, 01:09 PM
petercasier

5 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks! will try that!!

Peter