Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Removing Categories and Comments from the bottom of all posts

Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:23 AM
davidjelias

2 posts · Feb 2010
Hello,

I'm a novice WP user, working on this page: http://aginthecity.ca/

I want to remove the text: | Category: Uncategorized | Comments are closed | Edit this post
That appears beneath all of my posts to this page.

I've read the posting "Removing Time Stamp, Comments and category from post" and it seems to assume the user is very well versed in WP.

For example, it mentions creating a category called 'no-footer' and assigning it to the post. Is there a post that shows a simple way to create category? The information I've found on this seems fairly complicated.

In any case, my ambition is to remove reference Category / Comments from all of my posts, and any help on how to do that without getting a PhD in Wordpress would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at ATO->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS->FOOTER: xxxxxxxxx
you can change what you want, and how it is arranged there.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:43 AM
davidjelias

2 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks a lot juggledad, you are a great guy.

I watched this tutorial which was helpful:
http://educhalk.org/media/edit_kubri...ick_index.html

But what I finally did was edit the css.php file under /public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa

I changed the following section: (there i simply changed the bold word "block" to the word "none".)

/*-------------------- POST FOOTER ------------------------*/

div.post-footer {
clear:both;
display: block;
<?php echo $bfa_ata['post_footer_style']; ?>
}

div.post-footer a:link,
div.post-footer a:visited,
div.post-footer a:active {
<?php echo $bfa_ata['post_footer_style_links']; ?>
}

div.post-footer a:hover {
<?php echo $bfa_ata['post_footer_style_links_hover']; ?>
}

Thanks again.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 02:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm not sure what you did, but looking at the souce of a generated page, it still shows
HTML Code:
div.post-footer {
clear:both;
display:block;
margin:0;
padding:5px;
background:#eeeeee;
color:#666;
line-height:18px
}
Old Mar 2, 2010, 08:34 AM
Cotp

4 posts · Mar 2010
Hello all,
I would like to remove possibility to comment on all articles, how can I do that ?
I've searched in the options footer like you said but didn't find it...
I removed it under the settings of WP but the box is still there,

I appreciate your help,

Thanks in advance,

Cotp
Old Mar 4, 2010, 04:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
to remove comments from all posts go to dashboard->settings->discuessions->Default article settings and uncheck 'Allow people to post comments on new articles '

if you have existing posts you will need to uncheck the post->discuession->Allow Comments option

To prevent comments on PAGES using Atahualpa, go to ATO->Style & configure COMMENTS->Allow comments on "Page" pages, too? and set it to NO
Old Mar 4, 2010, 04:25 AM
Cotp

4 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks for that anwser juggledad
Old May 18, 2010, 10:55 PM
drwmrk

3 posts · May 2010
JuggleDad,

I was following your advice from an earlier post about going to ATO->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS->FOOTER and removing the comment features there, which worked for the most part.

The only thing that doesn't appear to have affected is the line "Comments are closed." when it comes to a single post. It still appears on a single post, though the ATO Footer: Single Post Pages would suggest otherwise; I have this as the code for Footer: Single Post Pages
Code:
%date('F jS, Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ')% Category: %categories-linked(', ')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')%
So I'm wondering what do I need to edit to get rid of this reoccuring "Comments are closed."
See this link to see what I'm talking about.
Old May 18, 2010, 11:03 PM
drwmrk

3 posts · May 2010
JuggleDad, nevermind, I found my answer by digging further in the forum.