Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

3.4.6 -> 3.4.9 Upgrade Issues

Old May 13, 2010, 06:00 AM
Freester

7 posts · May 2010
Hi,

I had a go at upgrading to 3.4.9. Not very succesfully. I've gone back to 3.4.6 for the time being

On initial change to 3.4.9 all of my website formatting had disappeared. The page links were unformatted top left. The header banner image was a small image and none of the page detail was able to view.

I had a look through the original 3.4.9 upgrade sticky thread and found a few things that sounded like my issues. There are some posts by user 'Thomas' on page 2 that improved things but didn't completely solve the problems.

Setting CSS to external and then saving back to inline solved a lot of formatting / view problems. Then disabling / enabling sidebars brought back my left sidebar (this uses the standard WP text widget). But the formatting of the side bar was not the correct font (just Times Roman).

The main issue is thougth that I can't get center column content - posts / pages yet.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks for the support and the theme.

Freester
Old May 13, 2010, 06:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Hi, would you allow me to look at the backend (if so send me a PM with an admin ID and PW) and could you get into phpMyAdmin and do a
HTML Code:
SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata'
then export the results. I'll send you a PM to tell you where to send it.

I will be gone most of the day but will look at it this evening if you allow me to. Thanks
Old May 13, 2010, 06:38 AM
Freester

7 posts · May 2010
Thanks for the quick reply. Email with query export and login info has now been sent.
Old May 13, 2010, 04:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Attention to anyone reading this.

If you upgrade to 3.4.9 and get options not being applied, go thru all the ATO option pages and hit the green SAVE button and see it that fixes it.
Old May 14, 2010, 07:42 AM
hollidaysjohn

16 posts · May 2010
Cambridge, UK
Hi. My corporate site upgraded from 3.4.6 without any problems. My personal site needed this fix, and lost all it's old settings in the process. Strange. Thanks for the fix!
Old May 14, 2010, 07:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
hollidaysjohn - you say you lost all your settings, did going to each option and hitting save fix it for you? I'm unclear about your answer
Old May 14, 2010, 07:59 AM
Freester

7 posts · May 2010
Thanks Juggledad for your very quick solution to this
Old May 15, 2010, 07:50 AM
hollidaysjohn

16 posts · May 2010
Cambridge, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
hollidaysjohn - you say you lost all your settings, did going to each option and hitting save fix it for you? I'm unclear about your answer
Sorry, I wasn't very clear! 3.4.6 was working fine. When I activated 3.4.9, it only showed the footer text and with no CSS applied at all. That was in the activation screen as well as on the site. That's the same as inga reports in another thread.

When i went to the ATO page, none of my 3.4.6 settings were showing, only the theme default ones (but were not being used).

As I worked my way down the ATO options, hitting the green button, my site slowly came back. E.g. on hitting "body, text, links", some css was applied to the foot text. "center column" brought back the posts, and so on. I had to do this with every option for the site to work properly.

Does that help?

Last edited by hollidaysjohn; May 15, 2010 at 07:55 AM.