Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Removing Time Stamp, Comments and category from post

Old Nov 26, 2009, 01:17 PM
JorgePerez

4 posts · Oct 2009
Hi, if anyone can help it would be incredibly helpful. I want to remove the time stamp, comments and category information line from a single static post on my blog?

Thanks,

Jorge
Old Nov 26, 2009, 07:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you mean the post footer right? if so, try this (it may not work though)
Find the id of the post and then change the footer line at ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP from
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_post('33')) { bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); } ?>
replace 33 with the post ID.

If this doesn't work, create a category called 'no-footer' and assign it to the post. Make note of the category ID. Then change the footer line above to
HTML Code:
<?php if (!in_category('5')) { bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); } ?>
replacing the 5 with the ID of your category

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 28, 2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 06:03 PM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
I would like to do this for all of my posts, not just one or two. How would I go about doing that?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 06:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
edit the footer options at ATO->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS
Old Nov 28, 2009, 06:37 PM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
ok, I got that. Now the category "no-footer" is appearing on my site. I went into ATO>Category Menu Bar and changed the Exclude categories from Category Menu Bar? to the number of the category (in my case 9). Saved, refreshed my site, and it is still there. What am I doing wrong?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 04:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
globalnerds - url example please
did you make any other changes to 'The LOOP' recently, if so what? (paste it here)
Old Nov 29, 2009, 01:42 PM
JorgePerez

4 posts · Oct 2009
JuggleDad,

Thank you for the help. The first option did not work, however creating a new category and adding the footer code solved it. Thanks