Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

centering tables

Old Feb 26, 2009, 04:37 PM
cyberstar

2 posts · Feb 2009
for the life of me I cannot figure out how to center tables. The tags either disappear or have no effect on the table.

<table align="center"> -- has no effect

<div style="text-align:center"><table>..... -- no effect

<div align="center"><table>... -- the align part disappears after I update the page

SPAN tag does nothing either.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Feb 26, 2009, 06:01 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
URL please with the error in action
Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:49 AM
cyberstar

2 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn,

there is no error. It's just that whatever tags I try to add to center the table, they don't work.

I just figured out that if I type <div align="center"><table>.... in HTML window and do NOT switch to Visual window, then the align="center" part will stay in my code and the table will be centered. But if I switch to Visual editor and then back to HTML editor, then that part disappears.

Anyway, I can live with this, it's just a bit annoying. Is there a site where I can see all the html limitations in WP?

P.S. Awesome theme. I've never seen a theme with customization options. Well done!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:21 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In HTML mode in the WP editor try

HTML Code:
<table style="width: XXXpx; margin: 0 auto;">
If that still doesn't work:
HTML Code:
<table style="width: XXXpx; margin: 0 auto !important;">
Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:48 AM
gungo

31 posts · Jul 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Tried this - but wp strips out the line of code when updated...
Is there a setting in the Atahualpa Options for Style Tables?
Something seems to be overriding the table html in the post.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 05:54 AM
gungo

31 posts · Jul 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I had some border items in the style line - but took those out and only used the <table style="width: XXXpx; margin: 0 auto !important;"> and it worked fine...
Sorry for previous message - but if anyone else has the problem, make sure there are no other items combined with this line of code...