Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Using tables???

Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:41 AM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
My first impulse on moving into this website thingy was to strip it down to the bare floorboards leaving only a sidebar for navigation and the footer for my dog....I am now much intrigued by the use of tables which i would suppose to be usefull for isolating a tight arrangement of content within the main body of the page.....A-T-O has customization options including hover and zebra-isation, and Flynn explains somewhere http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ghlight=tables how to 'create a table in the wordpress editor' and put cups of coffee on it, or else get a second hand one and clean it up.....I took a table spotting trip through the Showing Off thread and was not sure whether i was looking at Tables or simple image inserts untill i arrived at Doc Gurley who would appear to have two tables in her home page at http://www.docgurley.com/. Are these indeed tables or could they be custom fields???......If these are tables they certainly look to be useful and i will look closer into the horendous headbanging of understanding how to manage them.
In the meantime can anyone post a good example of a table to clarify.......jim

Last edited by jim; Jun 4, 2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: trying to be more clear
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:04 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The minimum you need for a table is

HTML Code:
<table>
<tr>
<td> content for column 1 here </td>
<td> content for column 2 here </td>
<td> content for column 3 here </td>
</tr>
</table>
Put this into a Wordpress post or static page, with the Wordpress editor in "HTML" mode.