Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Help me to speed up my site, please.

Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:24 AM
johnd28

29 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

I'm using Atahualpa as a CMS on this site: http://www.WorldofDiets.com.

The site is loading very slowly, much slower than static html sites I have and other Wordpress sites I see on the web.

I'm using WP super-cache and PHP speedy but neither seems to have helped me a whole lot.

What else can I do to make the site load faster?

I don't know how to do gzipping, which I read can help, so any advice on that will be great as well.

Thanks for you help in advance.

John
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:43 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
PHP Speedy was slowing down my site dreadfully when I tried it. And I wonder if it's good to use it with another speed plugin anyway.

Just curious: why are you using the Samsarin PHP Widget to show links to the various diets in your left sidebar? Why not the blogroll or just the text widget?

Last edited by paulae; Jan 31, 2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Who is your host? How many other sites are sharing the server you are on? When did you last optimize your database?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:52 AM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
try w3 total cache plugin rather than super cache and php speedy. that shaved a couple seconds off my site load