Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Center column fixed height with scrollbar

Old Jan 21, 2010, 05:26 PM
grabutty

4 posts · Jan 2010
Hello,

I am working on a page where I would like the center column to have a fixed height displaying blog posts that the reader can simply scroll down through to read. I have found a couple of posts here, but there was no outcome to the problem posted.

I tried modifying the css (through the theme options) to include max-height, but this had no effect.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

grabutty
Old Mar 22, 2010, 07:38 PM
bymclaugh

4 posts · Nov 2009
I'd love to do this same thing. Did you ever have any luck with this? If not, does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:18 PM
VickieLynn

4 posts · Sep 2010
A TON of people have viewed this thread and NOBODY has figured this one out!? Darn! I really need to fix the height of the middle container for a client's site at http://www.sozoent.com. Can't anybody help with this??? Seems simple but nothing is working. I can't find where the "element.style" height is coming from..it changes so I know it's dynamic. I just want to cut it out and call it specifically. Scrolling would be awful nice but for now, I can limit the content and put "next" links if I have to!

Thanks, hopefully.

Old Sep 23, 2010, 05:13 PM
VickieLynn

4 posts · Sep 2010
Nobody, eh? Damn. I think this issue must have something to do with all the clearfix codes that are everywhere since this theme was basically made so that the content area would float around, but I've made everything absolute. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 08:43 AM
furiousfrog

23 posts · May 2009
Hi there,

This may not be what you're looking for, but I've managed to make the entire body scroll in a fixed size window. I've kept the header fixed using Eric Bobrow's fix here:http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6145. The scroll bar was hidden by the header but I've made it visible using position: fixed and negative margin values. However, I'm still working on the ability to control the height on the centre column only. Will let you know if I find anything out.

Regardless, adding this to Add HTML/CSS inserts will make the page autoscroll in a fixed height window.

#wrapper, {
max-height: 600px;
}

#container
{max-height: 600px;
overflow:auto;
}
Old Oct 18, 2010, 08:57 AM
furiousfrog

23 posts · May 2009
Slight improvement. By adding this:

height: 600px;
overflow:auto;

into ATO>Style POSTS & PAGES>POST Container, this makes the centre column scroll in a 600 px high box. Of course, only works if you're using static pages and not posts though.