Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

Need help to write and save in pages.

Old Dec 7, 2009, 09:42 PM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

I am having some problems in writing/copy/pasting any thing inside the page. when I copy some thing and go to "update" the page to save . everything dispparears. Today I alomost done in building the website and about to move it production and this thing happene ... I was updating the "home" page and now it does not save anything inside the body/text .

I am not sure but this could be due to the three text widgets I added in the center colum with the help of my friend. those widgets appeared on all the pages. I never used those widgets and do not know how to delete them ... I used widget logic to make them disapear from all the pages ... does this sounds like the problem. I really need to put this website in production on Dec 9 .. I greatly appreciate help from this forum...the URL is http://www.nedalumnicanada.org/update

Thanks.
G
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?

1) deactivate all pluging - see if that changes things
2) what version of PHP and how much mmory are you using (you can use the plugin wp-security-scan to find out)
3) at Dashboard->users - is the ' Disable the visual editor when writing' option set for this user?

to remove the widgets
1) go to dashboard->appearances->widgets and remove any widget from those widget areas
2) remove the widget code from the center area
3) view the site
4) go to ATO->New Widget Area and there should be some check boxes to delete the widgets, delete them

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 8, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 01:40 AM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for your response !

1) I deactivated all pluguns . no help

2) I installed the security plugin and following is the information on "initial Scan"
page:

WordPress version: 2.8 You have the latest stable version of WordPress.
Your table prefix should not be wp_. Click here to change it.
Your WordPress version is successfully hidden.
WordPress DB Errors turned off.

WP ID META tag removed form WordPress core
"admin" user exists.
The file .htaccess does not exist in wp-admin/.

System Information Scan page:

Operating System : Linux
Server : Apache
Memory usage : N/A
MYSQL Version : 4.1.20-max-log
SQL Mode : Not set
PHP Version : 4.4.9
PHP Safe Mode : Off
PHP Allow URL fopen : On
PHP Memory Limit : N/A
PHP Max Upload Size : 2M
PHP Max Post Size : 8M
PHP Max Script Execute Time : 30s
PHP Exif support : Yes ( V1.4 )
PHP IPTC support : Yes
PHP XML support : Yes

3) at Dashboard->users - is the ' Disable the visual editor when writing' option is UNCHECKED ( not enabled )

TO REMOVE THE WIDGETS:

1) Removed all the widgets from the widget areas.

2) I donot know how to delete/remove the widget code from the center area. Pls tell me the procedure to follow.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
G.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:19 AM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009

Last edited by gladiator; Dec 8, 2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:22 AM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
sorry to post the security page information which is as under:

WP - Security Scan
Name File/Dir Needed Chmod Current Chmod
root directory ../ 0755 755.
wp-includes/ ../wp-includes 0755 755.

Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: Stat failed for ../.htaccess (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /hsphere/local/home/nedacftp/nedalumnicanada.org/update/wp-content/plugins/wp-security-scan/functions.php on line 22
.htaccess ../.htaccess 0644 .0.
wp-admin/index.php index.php 0644 644.
wp-admin/js/ js/ 0755 755.
wp-content/themes/ ../wp-content/themes 0755 755.
wp-content/plugins/ ../wp-content/plugins 0755 755.
wp-admin/ ../wp-admin 0755 755.
wp-content/ ../wp-content 0755 755.
Plugin by Semper Fi Web Design

Thanks.
G.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:56 AM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
..one more things to mention

WP version 2.8.6
Atahualpa 3.4.4

Thanks.
G
Old Dec 8, 2009, 03:00 AM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Sorry .. I believe I am using WP 2.8
Old Dec 8, 2009, 03:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, one issue may be caused by the fact you are using php 4.4.9 - are you using godaddy by any chance? (there is a godaddy faq explaining how to select php5 do a google search 'godaddy php5') - you should be on php 5.x

To get rid of the widget areas.
if you haven't made any other changes to the options at ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN (compare what you have with what the defaults are) you can just press the red reset button which will reset the settings for that page only. I suggest you copy the text in each setting and paste it in a text document, just to be safe.

After that you can go to ATO->New Widget Area and there should be some check boxes to delete the widgets, delete them
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:36 AM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Hi juggledad,

Thanks for your reply

I followed the process you advised . Reset the settings on "Style & edit CENTER COLUMN " page . there is no place named as " New Widget Area " in ATO there is an area called "Add new widget Area" only.....

I can still see the three additional "widgets areas" on "Widget" page. which I amtrying to get rid of... Pls advise.

Thanks.v
G
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sorry, I was typing from memory.
Now that you reset the settings on "Style & edit CENTER COLUMN" go to 'Add new WIDGET AREAS'.
At the top of the page should be a section 'Delete custom Widget Areas', your widget areas should be named below it. Put a check mark next to each and press the 'Delete checked Widget Areas' this should get rid of them
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:18 AM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

When I go the "delete custom Widget Areas" I do not see any "names of the widet areas. it looks like as follows:

1) Delete the <?php bfa_widget_area(...) ?> code from whichever text area here in the theme options you placed it in.
2) Select the widget areas that you want to delete and click the link below.
Note: The widget areas will be re-created until you deleted its associated code (see step 1).
Delete checked Widget Areas

There are no check box to select only higlighted link "Delete Checked widget area" I clicked it couple of time and a warning sign comes and goes as under:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/nedacftp/nedalumnicanada.org/update/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php on line 480
Custom widget areas deleted....

When I go to widgets I can still see three widget areas which I added namely " widgets left", "widgets middle" and "widgets right" its not going away or I am doing something wrong.

I am wondering In order to get this sort out .Is it possible that I can ask for your service. How much it will cost me. as I am not sure how it works Pls advise . I want to get the website rolled into production today.

greatly appreciate your help !.

Thanks.
G.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:20 AM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
You can send me an email at iahmed_us@yahoo.com if it is OK.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Turns out someone had hand coded some extra routines to create widget areas. Re-installing the theme and everything is running fine.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 01:01 AM
gladiator

21 posts · Jul 2009
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4761

Hi Juggledad,

I am still not able to save anything inside the Home and publish page.... all other pages which has content are ok .. as soon as I try to update a page even a small spelling correction .. the whole things gets removed.

need help.

Thanks.
G

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 9, 2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 06:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just tried and it worked fine, at your site, for me.
1) Don't copy and paste from Word - use notepad. Word adds all kinds of formatting that causes strange problems
2) try a different browser - I used Safari on a mac and it worked great