Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

RSS not working with Atahualpa

Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:22 AM
murrayo

2 posts · Feb 2009
I've installed the Atahualpa theme unmodified at GoDaddy, and the RSS feed does not work. Is there a fix for this?

Selecting the RSS feed returns the window "internet explorer cannot display this feed" page.

The feed link produced is myurl/feed/ or try it on www.onlinenewspage.com .
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:16 AM
zenfull

10 posts · Feb 2009
FYI: I was able to access your RSS feed on Firebox but not IE

I'm having a similar problem but with both browsers

If you get its resolved pease post back and tell me what you did.

Thanks-Zenfull
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:32 AM
murrayo

2 posts · Feb 2009
Yes, it half works in Firefox, but doesn't show the posts. Very frustrating as the code looks ok in the header.

My permalinks are set to day and name and have tried to reset them with no result.

Will keep you posted...
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:28 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Murrayo: All your posts are linked to Feedzilla, your feed seems to work, but to Wordpress it must look like you have no posts because all posts are pointing to external. You have obviously installed a plugin ("Feedzilla?") that does a few things with feeds. Disable that plugin and see if your blank default Wordpress feed starts listing posts
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:29 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenfull
FYI: I was able to access your RSS feed on Firebox but not IE

I'm having a similar problem but with both browsers

If you get its resolved pease post back and tell me what you did.

Thanks-Zenfull
Please post a URL, I think your issue is different unless you have installed Feedzilla as well
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:42 PM
zenfull

10 posts · Feb 2009
I am sure its some newbie mistake on my part. Its InterviewDiva.com .There is another post i made about it this morning in the forum with the errors.

Thanks a Ton!
DeEtte
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:51 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenfull
I am sure its some newbie mistake on my part. Its InterviewDiva.com .There is another post i made about it this morning in the forum with the errors.

Thanks a Ton!
DeEtte
You probably have a space or blank line at the end of /yourdomain.com/wp-config.php (not a Atahualpa file) or at the end of /yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php

Both files should end with a closing PHP tag

PHP Code:
?> 
and there should be nothing after that, not even a single space
Old Feb 20, 2009, 01:58 PM
zenfull

10 posts · Feb 2009
lol...i finally figured that out...

I wish i had seen your response. That was it exactly!

Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:23 PM
silvershield

12 posts · Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
You probably have a space or blank line at the end of /yourdomain.com/wp-config.php (not a Atahualpa file) or at the end of /yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php

Both files should end with a closing PHP tag

PHP Code:
?> 
and there should be nothing after that, not even a single space
Where would you put this PHP tag in?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you don't put it anywhere. Go edit wp-config.php and make sure that there is nothing after the final ?> in the code.