Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

my htaccess is empty

Old Jul 25, 2009, 03:33 PM
cosmiclove

23 posts · Jul 2009
Hi all,

My htaccess file is empty. It wasn't in the past (2-3 weeks ago before I upgraded to WP 2.82 and added a bunch of plugins to my current theme ATA)

The things is the site works just fine. No problem whatsoever, but I was trying to alter something in the htaccess file and discovered it didn't contained anything for me to change.

Question#1: Is it OK for a site to run without htaccess file?

Question #2: How do I obtain a new htaccess based on the specifications of the new upgraded site?
I do have an old copy of the old htaccess but I'm afraid to reupload it on the server (see below). Any suggestion what I can do. Thanks.
Herman

HTML Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Last edited by cosmiclove; Jul 25, 2009 at 03:35 PM.