Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

.htaccess for permalinks

Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:17 AM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
I inadvertently deleted my.htaccess file. What is the code for the basic .htaccess file.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:27 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:08 AM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
Ok Flynn, I know this isn't really your area it's more a question for the folks at WP but I figured you're really on top of it. And it'll be the last I ask something, promise.

I'm trying to move my new WP blog from the directory I was tweaking it in (XXXX.com/wpr/) to the root directory (XXXX.com). I thought I could simply move all of the files into root directory and that would do it. When I did this the blog was visible at the address XXXX.com but I lost access to the admin screen. I got all kinds of errors.

What did I do wrong?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:29 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The admin screen should be at http://www.xxxx.com/wp-admin/

Change Settings -> General -> WordPress address (URL) and Blog address (URL) to

http://www.xxxx.com
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:09 PM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn, I want to thank you profusely for designing such a great theme and for all the help. Everything is up and running as it should now. Best, Henry.