Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa 3.7.26 - removed (some) IE6 references - 'jQuery Migrate Helper' not needed

Old May 21, 2021, 07:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The attached version of Atahualpa (v3.7.26) has some of the IE6 code removed. There is still some in there but it shouldn't effect anything. This should allow Atahualpa to run without needing the 'jQuery Migrate Helper' plugin.

A big thanks to extremecarver for figuring out some of the code that needed removing!
Attached Files
File Type: zip atahualpa.zip (1.10 MB, 1161 views)
Old Jun 6, 2021, 03:47 PM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Is there a difference to what I told to delete? Actually I noticed some error messages on top of my content and solved it by putting css to external file:

add_action('admin_print_footer_scripts',function() { echo ''},99 );

is the error message on top and it is actually hard to see. I think I only started seeing that line since moving to PHP8 (which does not mean that problem has not been there on php 7.4, as php8 is much stricter on errors)

(note this bug is happening both on 3.7.26 as well as on my patched 3.7.25 version)

Last edited by extremecarver; Jun 6, 2021 at 04:47 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 09:45 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Is it possible that the js.php has a } too much at line 107?

I get a Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

and then the problematic lines as:

Code:
jQuery(document).ready(function(){ 

jQuery('ul#rmenu').superfish(); 
	/* jQuery('ul#rmenu').superfish().find('ul').bgIframe({opacity:false}); */

}
If I remove line 107 I have one error less in console - I think the closing is not correct.
The overall count of opening ampersand "{" is 62 while there are 63 "}" closing ampersands. This should not be right - or why should one ampersand be opened from another file?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 09:56 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Actually also the inline/external errors are gone then. This line 107 in js.php is surely not supposed to be there and happened due to a wrong removal of lines on this version!

And after comparing with 3.7.25 it's very easy to see how ˛juggledad made this error - The closing bracket (which I correctly mentioned in my 3.7.25 bugreport) was incorrectly behind the remark line /* End IE6 */ but is opened from within. So it really has to be removed.
Well I do not think it causes great harm because the other () normal brackets luckily catch if from doing so - but it really should be removed.

Last edited by extremecarver; Sep 20, 2021 at 10:04 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 02:05 PM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
Since I began using SiteOrigin Page Builder with Atahualpa 3.7.24 I haven't found much reason to tinker with Atahualpa Theme Options. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that they are all gone!
Will 3.7.26 give me back the options, and some time to get by until I decide what to do about the big picture?
Will I be left trying to figure out what extremecarver is talking about regarding new bugs to fix? Would it be a better use of my time to learn a whole new theme from scratch?
Now that I think about it, is there any hope of (somewhat) recreating my site(s) without access to the info in Atahualpa Theme Options? I can't remember how many choices I made, but there were a lot.
Did Atahualpa really need to be free? $4000 seems like it could be recovered in fairly short order.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 07:23 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
I cannot remember that the theme options were ever gone. I think that is a problem unrelated to Atahualpa and to SiteOrigin or another plugin. Just use 3.7.25 with my patch or look at the line in 3.7.26

I guess Atahualpa is usable for a couple more years. PHP 8 was a big step and I don't think there will be any other major problem like this in the next 1-2 years. At some point it will be good bye of course.
I cannot really assess this from outside - but I think 10 years ago the decision for ThemPFrame instead of upgrading Atahualpa was a mistake. I bought ThemeFrame and never liked it - Atahualpa was once the most used 3rd party theme for wordpress, ThemeFrame maybe nice but more of a page builder and that is way more complicated than a theme. Now it is more and more then time of page builders instead of themes - but I'm still quite happy with Atahualpa and still haven't found a nice alternative. Should start looking at some point but I will stick with it for at least 1-2 more years. With some work it is good enough for smartphones.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:53 AM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
Thanks so much for your response. I've never heard of such a thing either, and it is a big shock to see the message: "Import settings by copying & pasting the content of the settings file into the textarea in the theme options - instead of uploading the settings file directly."

I assume that has something to do with the problem, but since I had not previously Exported settings I have nothing to paste into the "textarea" even if I thought I knew where that is found.

If there is a settings file (name?) I would assume it is in the File Manager back at my host. But then, what to do with it?

I have no choice but to ignore the problem for the next couple of months due to competing time issues. When I do get to it, I believe you are telling me to install 3.7.26, and then delete line 107 in the js.php file. Is that the configuration you are currently using?

I have a feeling I have (somewhere) a complete version of the entire site in an older Atahualpa version, which would allow me to see all my settings choices, but it will be pretty scary trying to install it until I reach the point I'm ready to give up anyway.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 04:41 PM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
there are no worries of going back and forward with an older version. However if really an older version still has the options - then delete the folder of the newer version and install it again - maybe some corruption. I'm pretty sure your problems are related to another update - and not to atahualpa - or better an incompatibility between the site builder stuff and atahualpa.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:11 AM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
I will have time to dig into these possibilities after the first of the year. Will try to post then if I discover a solution. It's not likely I'll be the only one to have this problem.

If it can be fixed I will move on to: "Just use 3.7.25 with my patch or look at the line in 3.7.26". I am still assuming that "look at the line" means remove it.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:56 AM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
Updating to 3.7.26 restored all the option settings. Whew.
Now I just have to decide whether I need to delete line 107 in the js.php file.