Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa3.7.25 - this release has one fix

Old Sep 24, 2020, 02:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The attached file is Atahualpa3.7.25 - this release has one fix (thanks to kdawes01) that allows Atahualpa to run with WordPress 5.5

Note: development of Atahualpa in no longer on going and another change in WordPress could potentially cause another error. This fix has been minimally tested so be sure to backup your database and files before updating to this version.

Better yet, you should apply it to a test site and check things out before using it in production.

atahualpa3725.zip
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:00 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Thank you, very, very much to kdawes01 and to you, Juggledad. Trying to learn new themes that do not have the many, many options I am used to with Atahualpa has been absolute torture.

I am very grateful.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 08:42 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
I've found another bug regarding jquery! The MSIE6 detection is breaking some plugins - namely shortcodes ultimate.

So in js.php you should remove the whole msie6 detection (no-one is using internet explorer version 6 anymore anyhow - so get rid of the detection - there is something affected here too):

P.S. - if someone else finds bugs related to WP 5.5 / 5.6 please also report them here. It's actually hard to believe why no-one else found this one. It showed pretty prominent in browser console.

To remove in js.php

Quote:
/* For IE6 */
if (jQuery.browser.msie && /MSIE 6\.0/i.test(window.navigator.userAgent) && !/MSIE 7\.0/i.test(window.navigator.userAgent) && !/MSIE 8\.0/i.test(window.navigator.userAgent)) {

/* Max-width for images in IE6 */
var centerwidth = jQuery("td#middle").width();

/* Images without caption */
jQuery(".post img").each(function() {
var maxwidth = centerwidth - 10 + 'px';
var imgwidth = jQuery(this).width();
var imgheight = jQuery(this).height();
var newimgheight = (centerwidth / imgwidth * imgheight) + 'px';
if (imgwidth > centerwidth) {
jQuery(this).css({width: maxwidth});
jQuery(this).css({height: newimgheight});
}
});

/* Images with caption */
jQuery("div.wp-caption").each(function() {
var captionwidth = jQuery(this).width();
var maxcaptionwidth = centerwidth + 'px';
var captionheight = jQuery(this).height();
var captionimgwidth = jQuery("div.wp-caption img").width();
var captionimgheight = jQuery("div.wp-caption img").height();
if (captionwidth > centerwidth) {
jQuery(this).css({width: maxcaptionwidth});
var newcaptionheight = (centerwidth / captionwidth * captionheight) + 'px';
var newcaptionimgheight = (centerwidth / captionimgwidth * captionimgheight) + 'px';
jQuery(this).css({height: newcaptionheight});
jQuery("div.wp-caption img").css({height: newcaptionimgheight});
}
});

/* sfhover for LI:HOVER support in IE6: */
jQuery("ul li").
hover( function() {
jQuery(this).addClass("sfhover")
},
function() {
jQuery(this).removeClass("sfhover")
}
);

/* End IE6 */
}

Last edited by extremecarver; Oct 15, 2020 at 08:46 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 11:13 AM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
Hi Juggledad,
I've just noticed that v. 3.7.25 doesn't include the PHP 7 fix of commenting out the JSON lines in the functions.php file and removing the JSON.php file. I haven't looked yet to see if the other v. 3.7.24 fixes are there.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 03:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Arrugh!!1 - The (maybe) good news is that Flynn is looking to update the code fixing all the current issues - this is just a fix, no new features. It could show up in January.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 03:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Arrugh!!1 - The (maybe) good news is that Flynn is looking to update the code fixing all the current issues - this is just a fix, no new features. It could show up in January.

I'll try to check it oout in a day or two - helping remote school some grandkids and time is scarce.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:37 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
Wow!!! If Flynn could do that, it would be amazing!!!

Given that Atahualpa 3.7.24 came out in 2015 and still works with all of the changes in PHP and WordPress itself (granted, with a few tweaks necessary) it's a credit to Flynn's great coding!
Old Jan 3, 2021, 03:57 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawes01
Hi Juggledad,
I've just noticed that v. 3.7.25 doesn't include the PHP 7 fix of commenting out the JSON lines in the functions.php file and removing the JSON.php file. I haven't looked yet to see if the other v. 3.7.24 fixes are there.
Maybe you did something wrong? For me that fix is there. json.php is not present, and the lines are also not present...
Old Jan 10, 2021, 03:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just down loaded the zip file and checked and yes the fix's to at ata-admin.js are there with the previous lines commented out.

If you edit functions.php you should see line 2 showing version 3.7.25
Old May 15, 2021, 11:21 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Actually if you do not remove that MSIE6 block that I quoted above, you will get at least an error notice if you upgrade to PHP8. This block in combination with quite a few plugins - e.g. autoptimize will be problematic if upgrading to PHP8. Other caching plugins will also run havoc with this block and PHP8.

It's not needed anymore at all, IE6 is dead. Get rid of it for good. The good news is - with that block removed atahualpa runs just fine with PHP 8. So there should be some more years of grace period while we can continue with it.