Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Can author of this theme or admin suggest an alternative to this theme?

Old Oct 27, 2016, 06:28 PM
alexmai

25 posts · Dec 2014
Can author of this theme or admin suggest an alternative to this theme.

I believe author is working for a major update or upgrade of this theme, but it has been years. And I still using this theme. Alot of stuff needs to update.

I really need an alternative to keep my site going, anything that is similar to Atahualpa will do. Need as light wight as Atahualpa. I will sure come back to Atahualpa when the author lanuch a major upgrade. this theme is gold, could make millions off it, I hope the author can really make it out ASAP.

Lately, what would be the alternative to Atahualpa for now? Any member can leave your recommendation down below. thank you so much!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 08:29 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
I would also be interested in hearing some suggestions for a replacement theme. Atahualpa has been fantastic, but it is getting a bit too long in the tooth now and I think we've been spoiled with all the configuration options in the theme.

Is there life after Atahualpa?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:07 AM
juggledad

23,631 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sorry I donít have any suggestions. I think Larry the other moderator started using Divi.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:52 PM
_kimberley

51 posts · Dec 2011
Amsterdam
So nu update anymore??????
Old Feb 24, 2018, 02:39 AM
juggledad

23,631 posts · Mar 2009
What kind of update do you need?

The big issue is tat a couple years ago the WordPress Theme review team made a decision that all themes HAD to use the customizer for theme options. To make Atahualpa do that would involve many many many hours of coding. One of the WordPress Theme review team members offered to do it for $4000.

Where would be the payback for eithor spending the time to recode it to follow there decision or paying someone to do the coding?

At any rate it still is working - i.e. I haven't seen anything that 'breaks' it.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 03:46 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I think Larry the other moderator started using Divi.
I looked at Divi, but read somewhere that it is quite messy in its coding, making it very difficult to replace once it's installed.

Another one I've looked at is Elementor, which is open source and seems very flexible.

My main issue with most of these modern template designers is that they all tend to look a bit 'samey' - big screen-wide bands, lots of empty space and not much information or styling, requiring endless scrolling to get at the content. That's the main reason why I still like using Atahualpa.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 05:36 AM
WebHeer

21 posts · Jul 2010
I use GeneratePress and/or Weaver.
Both not for free. But as Atahualpa becomes as good as it was the programmer can make a lot of money for it. The 4.000 is just a small investment.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 05:45 AM
juggledad

23,631 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
But as Atahualpa becomes as good as it was the programmer can make a lot of money for it. The 4.000 is just a small investment.
Only if Flynn was to start charging for it.