Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Gravatar not showing on Recent Comments widget

Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:26 AM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
In Settings > Discussion I have set 'Show Avatars' to on. However, no avatars show up in the BFA Recent Comments widget. The avatars do show up correctly on the comments itself. Is this a WP issue or a theme issue? Are there any setting I may have overlooked? Thanks.

EDIT: Now the avatars are mssing from the comments, too, without me doing anything...I think.

Last edited by jankph; Jul 13, 2009 at 01:44 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 04:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you switch to the default theme, do you see the avatar in the comments?
What version of Atahualpa are you running?

It would seem that having the avatars in the sidebar widget would take up too much room and make it look very cuttered.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 04:59 AM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
Ooops...my big mistake..turns out l have not uploaded a gravatar image yet, that's why it's not displaying on the comments. I have recently moved my blog from wordpress.com, and while my 'old' comments have their gravatar on them, my 'new' comments under a 'new' email for my 'new' wordpress.org blog didn't have an image assigned yet. I'm sorry for wasting your time on this one. It's all my fault.

As a design feature I would still like to have the option of displaying a small 25px or so gravatar in front of the author on the BFA recent comments widget. It just makes it look like there's real people behind the comments. Just a simple request for the next update...but there are probably more important things you want to implement than this 'silly' feature...