Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

"Recent Posts" widget... adding some space between each title?

Old Mar 25, 2009, 01:37 AM
thirstyreader

50 posts · Mar 2009
First off, this theme is killer. But I'm trying to make a few small tweaks. I would like to create a single line of space between each title in my "Recent Posts" widget, which is titled "Recently..." on my blog: www.thirstyreader.com. The widget is in the left sidebar. I just feel that the titles tend to run together in the current format.

I'm sure there must be a way to drop a <p> in there somewhere to create some space, but I don't know where to begin!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 09:57 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Add a HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Insert

HTML Code:
div.widget_recent_entries ul li {
margin-bottom: 15px;
}
For more space between widget title and 1st list item add also:
HTML Code:
div.widget_recent_entries div-widget-title {
}
Old Mar 25, 2009, 01:20 PM
thirstyreader

50 posts · Mar 2009
Thank you very much, Flynn. I'll tinker with this when I get home tonight, and let you know how it goes!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 06:56 AM
thirstyreader

50 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstyreader
Thank you very much, Flynn. I'll tinker with this when I get home tonight, and let you know how it goes!
Worked perfectly!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:41 AM
Nefeli

18 posts · Feb 2009
That answered yet another of my questions...Tks too!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 06:23 AM
Flukey

5 posts · Apr 2009
also trying to do something similar, but with sub pages and sub-sub pages this is getting quite messy!

also wondering if i could make each parent menu item a different colour or each level of sub menu or even both.

am builing a site for an ngo in India, first timer but loving the theme and the forum, have a look at
http://emissioninventory.org/

thanks
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:29 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Reset sub pages, such as

div.widget_recent_entries ul li {
}

div.widget_recent_entries ul li ul li {
margin-bottom: 0px;
}
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:27 PM
Sascha2

2 posts · Jun 2010
Ok .. I'm a little lost here .. I also want to either add space between the "Recent Post" titles in my sidebar .. OR .. add bullets ...

Please advise what file and where I need to add any code ...

The theme I am using is "Win7Blog" ...

The page I am referring to is ... http://www.bestbusinessyear.com

As you can see ... the Recent Posts widget in the right sidebar .. the titles run into each other .. I want to separate these with either a space between or add a bullet before each title.

Thanks so much,

K
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sascha2: We can tell you how to fix it if you are using Atahualpa, since this is the Atahualpa Theme forum. If you are using another theme, I suggest you go ask it's author.