Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Installation/Upgrade Issues »

WP Super Cache and Atahualpa Error

Old Jan 12, 2017, 08:18 PM
awesomeopp

4 posts · Jul 2011
I have Atahualpa 3.7.24 installed and just installed WP Super Cache. Enabled caching and tried the test but caching is not working. Inspected my homepage and see this error:

<!-- Page not cached by WP Super Cache. No closing HTML tag. Check your theme. -->

Do I have a corrupted theme file or is there some other issue?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 03:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
debugging 101 - disable ALL other plugins to see if there is a conflict - you may allso want to swap to a twenty-xxx theme and test to see if the same problem occurs

I also notice that you opened an issue on WordPress and say that when you look at the page it shows the </html>.

I just tested with the same versions of WP, Atahualpa and WP Super cache and have no problems
Old Jan 14, 2017, 01:25 PM
awesomeopp

4 posts · Jul 2011
I switched from Atahualpa to Twenty Fifteen and caching worked flawlessly. Appears to be a theme issue. Could it be a combination of Atahualpa and a plugin?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 02:10 PM
awesomeopp

4 posts · Jul 2011
I seem to have found the conflict - Atahualpa and Next Gen Gallery. Get this error:

<!-- Page not cached by WP Super Cache. Blank Page. Check output buffer usage by plugins. -->
<!-- Page not cached by WP Super Cache. No closing HTML tag. Check your theme. -->
Old Jan 14, 2017, 05:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Once again, I have tested the same versions and I have no problem.

What is the url?
If you disable caching and look at the source of the page, is the </html> there?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 03:12 PM
awesomeopp

4 posts · Jul 2011
spswoodturners.org

Seeing the closing html regardless of plugin status.

Caching disabled, nextgen active:
http://www.spswoodturners.org/debug/...en-active.html

Caching on, nextgen active:
http://www.spswoodturners.org/debug/...en-active.html

Caching on, nextgen deactivated:
http://www.spswoodturners.org/debug/...deactived.html
Old Jan 15, 2017, 03:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you do a google search using the error message 'Page not cached by WP Super Cache. No closing HTML tag' you will see this has occured many times over the years with WP Super Cache.

My suggestion would be to try another caching plugin.