Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header images not showing

Old Oct 30, 2016, 02:43 AM
MaryD

2 posts · Oct 2016
I know this has been posted a million times before but I have been trying to sort this for days now. Through still fairly inexperienced, I've created three websites in the past with Atahualpa and never had this problem. My four header photos are in the public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header folder. I can see them there both through cpanel and though wp file manager on the site admin page. I had a look at the permissions post but I found it hard to understand. Please could I have some help with this? I don't know what I'm doing wrong and for the first time, I'm creating this site for someone else so need to get it sorted. Thank you.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 04:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) what is the url
2) what do you have set at ATO->Image Locations?
3) are there any spaces in teh image names?
4) what happens it you enter into the browsers address bar
http://your-domain.com/wp-content/th...r/xxxxxxxx.jpg
- make sure to use your actual domain name and the actual name of the image. If the image doesn't show up, then it is a permission issue.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 06:51 AM
MaryD

2 posts · Oct 2016
http://elyrcchurch.com/ is the url. Just checking out the other stuff you mentioned now. TYVM, Juggledad.

Ok, I have now created the ata-images folder in wp-content and put the images in there as suggested. I am not getting an error message but am still not seeing the images.

When I enter http://elyrcchurch.com/wp-content/at...webimage1.jpeg, I can see the image ok. Why is it not showing?

Last edited by MaryD; Oct 30, 2016 at 07:08 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 08:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm out for the next hour but if you send me a pm with an admin ID/pw I'll take a look when I get home
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, the problem is that your images all end with the extension 'jpeg' and he theme checks for files ending with 'jpg', 'png' or 'gif'.

In all the time I've ben helping support the theme, you are the first one to use the extension 'jpeg'!

I add a check for 'jpeg' to the the theme on your site which is now showing the images.

In teh future, use 'jpg'
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
for the record, I edited bfa_rotating_header_iage.php and changed line 26 from
HTML Code:
			if( preg_match('/\.jpg/i', $filename) || preg_match('/\.gif/i', $filename) || preg_match('/\.png/i', $filename) ) {
to
HTML Code:
			if( preg_match('/\.jpeg/i', $filename) preg_match('/\.jpg/i', $filename) || preg_match('/\.gif/i', $filename) || preg_match('/\.png/i', $filename) ) {

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 30, 2016 at 01:26 PM.