Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Where are the virtual tempates stored?

Old Jun 8, 2016, 08:20 PM
PepperPotts

2 posts · May 2016
Hi,

I can't seem to find where the virtual templates are stored (is that an oxymoron?) after I update them.

Would like to save backups but the only template .php files I can find look like they are the originals that came with Montezuma. They are in the default-templates directory under wp-content/themes/montzuma/admin. The changes are working fine on my test site, but I don't see the names of the templates anywhere when I search for them.

If I created a physical template, where would I upload it?

Is there documentation or somewhere I could look to find the files Montezuma installs and updates, and where they are located?

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this is a stupid question. I read through about half the posts on the forum and searched but couldn't find the answer.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 02:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The virtual templates are stored in the database with all the other options. If you want a backup, you can export all your Montezuma settings.

If you create a physical template, you would put it in either the theme folder or create a child theme and put it in that folder.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:43 PM
PepperPotts

2 posts · May 2016
Thanks, very helpful.

I'm relatively new to WordPress and this forum is really useful.

Have a good weekend...